I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

Ness1409

Hi all I didn't want to read and run but I really should as have had a long day and need some sleep!

The drive from bris to syd was long and arduous and took me almost 14 hours as was dangerously sleepy so had to pull over and have a nap, and lots of meal breaks etc.

Also got a gigantic crack in my windscreen from an idiot speeding thru roadworks near Coffs and he kicked up a stone :( so there's a $300 bill I wasn't expecting this week! :( I will have to get it fixed before we drive back to Bris, as it's too large to ignore. *sigh*

Anyway thanks so much for all the posts and suggestions of parks etc I have copied them all down and will make a decision in the morning as to where we'll spend our first day - but I think a ferry trip on the harbour might be involved :) muchas gracias to all & sundry - can't wait to post up the reunion photos :)

Now I just have to try and get some sleep... :(

I'm still "so excited" doo doo doo doo :)

Ness

If they're microchipped, remember to update the address on the UK database and get them registered with an Australian one.

I was going to get my dog registered with the one that my vet uses in addition to the one the AWL uses - but the vet one requires a vet visit to verify the microchip number and I decided to do it after I'd left the vet D'OH.

So when you visit the vet - organise to get the microchips read (or implanted) and put on the Australian database(s).

So maybe sydney siders could plug their favourite vets here too for you.

And there is council rego - I think NSW has life time rego, once your dogs are registered there - as long as they stay in NSW, you don't need to pay again, tho it helps if you keep them up to date with your contact details.

About the windscreen - most car insurance companies with comprehensive - will cover one "free" windscreen or window a year, so if it's not a rental car - check your insurance policy. And it also pays to shop around. They charge very varied amounts for the same job.