When To See The Vet?

JB1824

I took mine in to the vets on the way home (or the next morning if the vet is closed) and then taken them in at least once a week after that (as a social visit during a quiet time) to be weighed and to play with the staff.

Usually most dogs go to vets for nasty needles and stuff like that so I wanted them to associate the vet as a fun place with treats and nice things.

And the girls at the vets love watching them grow up from tiny bundles of cuteness to obnoxious brats ... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

What bedazzled says is really important. Ring first and see if there is a lot of parvo around the area.

Consider mobile vets. At least in the Perth area, there are some good ones, and they are no more expensive, sometimes cheaper, than the vets with offices.

My puppies leave home with a written vet check. It lists all the things that the vet has checked. Good idea for all vets to do this if they would & most new puppy owners don't really need to go straight to the vet if they are happy with all the boxes ticked they can wait the few weeks for 2nd vaccine due.