Committee Reserving Spaces For A Show

SwaY

Firstly let me tell you, yes I reserved myself a space next to the lunch room, to allow organizing that area,secondly "my friends" PUT their own rope down on thursday arvo, and if you had had a look on Thursday arvo you would have noticed different ropes on the ground in that area,NOT belonging to me. people arrived at about 11am on the thursday claming areaand to say all the area is absolute crap, the area you are talking about was a quarter of the short side of the area, and it was not along the ring, it was on the corner, going awY from the ring. Maybe we could leave this clear so that when you turn up at 8.30 am show day you could sit there!.if me and others that help at the shows cannot get a good spot yhen maybe you could put your hand up and help, instead of being petty. There was sufficient area to set up in, many group four people were also sitting in this area aswell

I have just been checking some shows etc and one show stuck out for a service they are offering...

The club is going to be marking out 3x3 spots around the ring, these are offered to people who are entered at the show - I have many questions..

Can they do that, would you pay for a reserved spot for a breed specific show or an All Breeds Show, does this contravene the regulation about setting up prior to a show etc.

The club will be marking out spaces to ensure exhibitors don't hog huge areas in the front row and was informed by the VCA that for National Shows that it is ok to do so. We wont be charging a fee, As areas will be marked out for, a "seating only" at ringside and for a very large assembly area and official area, the areas for exhibitors to set up will be clear, it will be a first come first served basis but they wont be able to to have more than a 3 x 3 space, There will be a walkway between every two 3 x 3. So that anyone behind will still have decent access to get around the ring. Anyone wanting more than a 3 x 3 will be advised that it will be behind the front row. At least we are trying to make it fair.

Personally there are heaps of champ shows where i would be lucky to be squeezed into a metre and a half square,as so many mats and chairs and grooming items were reserving big spaces and the last time that happened I arrived at 6.45am.