Diet For Dog With Heart Disease

I am sorry if this topic has been done before. I have a cavie that is in the later stages of heart disease.

He is under monthly vet care and is still happy and comfortable but I am now struggling to keep his weight on. He is a good weight now but he can't afford to lose more (he was overweight, he has lost 400gms in the last few months). His vet has explained that his gut will not be processing his food as well as before.

His vet has recommended a switch to an active dog kibble in a more frequent small meals. My problem being that Ben refuses to eat more than one meal a day, even when offered more often. He does get additional treats like liver treats (to get him to take his tablets), very small amount of peanut butter (also to take his tablets) daily and boiled eggs and some raw meat (beef mince, chicken or shanks/bones) a once or twice a week.

In addition too (or instead of) the active dog kibble is there anything else that is good to feed in small amounts or as treats to keep his weight up?