Attention Obedience/agility Dogs In Brisbane

Puppybella

Hi Dolers,

Asking on behalf of a colleague at Uni who is completing her PhD in software programming (or something ??, I'm a biologist!). Either way, she's developing software for an accelerometer that measures movement in 3-dimensions and she needs to train/calibrate the software to read different movements. She's used humans but also wants to try it on dogs of different shapes and sizes.

Bella (dachshund) was trialed yesterday and a few other dogs that my colleague knows, but I suggested to contact an obedience/agility school to get super reliable consistently repeated movements. She has not got much knowledge of the dog world so I offered to ask on DOL.

The trials are non-invasive, and take half an hour at most. You will always be in control of your dog (ie leading around) and it involves the dog's movements being filmed and wearing the accelerometer. The accelerometer is small and can be attached to the collar/harness. Dogs preferably need to do two minutes each of lying, sitting, standing, walking and running, and then a period of random movements.

If you think your dog fits and you would be willing to help out, maybe best to PM me and I can pass on details. The trials can be done pretty much anywhere, you'd have to work that out with her. Alternatively, maybe you have suggestions for an obedience/agility school for her to contact that would be happy for her to attend a class/session and trial several dogs in the same sitting. I think she only needs about 5 dogs.

Anyway. If you could lend a hand/have any suggestions that would be great, thanks!