Sbt With Lumps

shags

Hi all,

Our little 6 month old SBT girl Shanti is at the Vet as we speak, as she came up with lumps all over her body that could be compared to hives. They came up very quickly last night and still there this morning. I am hoping the Vet will provide some answers, but I thought I may post the issue and see if anyone else has experienced the same with their dog/puppy?

She is a little grass sensitive it seems and also we only just changed her dinner to BARF the night before, but not sure if this could be the cause or just coincidence?

Other than the spots and a little irritation she seemed to behave very normal.

Could a bite cause this or any other allergy that people are aware of?

Thanks

My Rotti Boy came up with the same sort of thing, looked like hives, a little itchy but mainly if I touch them and they came up within a few hours while I was at work. His lumps were quite big and some close together. Other than that he was acting normal like he didn't know they were there until I inspected them. His lumps only came up on back of his front legs and a few on his stomach and one inside of his back leg though none on his upper body.

I put him on Phenergan 10mg (1 Tablet for every 10KG) Morning and night (dogs have a higher dose than people), Gave him a course of Cephalexin and washed him with rascar Medicated Shampoo with Insecticidal properties (From troy). I have been spraying him with permoxin also now before he goes near the run he was in.

The vet said it looked like a reaction to some sort of bites as the lumps were deep in the skin and not just on the surface (Hope that makes sense)

After a week the lumps are almost completely gone only a coulpe of little marks and the Phenergan didn't make him drowsy at all like it does with some people. Chemist said Phenergan can also be used for travel sickness as well as allergic reactions

Cheers Lee

• 4 weeks later...

I have a horse that one day decided it was a good idea to have a roll. So he found a spot, banged the ground and pawed at it with his hoof and then lay down and had a roll.

Unfortunately for him there was a bulls ant nest just where he had rolled and he disturbed the colony and they came out very angry and on the attack! :eek:

He was covered all over in lumps and we had to get the vet out with an antihistamine injection for him. He looked horrific with huge lumps everywhere even on his sheath area, owwww. His head was all swelled up too!