Show Training In Geelong

Vacuna

I read in an old thread (which I cant seem to find again now) that there was show training classes in Geelong, Victoria.

Does anyone know if they are still currently being held and if so the venue, day and time. Any information greatly appreciated.

They do have them at the showgrounds on a Sunday morning, sorry can't remember what time :o I'm sure someone else will remember :D

I like the sounds of the show training classes at KCC Park, it sounds as though they actually teach you things, the one here in Geelong is basically someone running their hands over your dog to get it used to it.

Thank you both for the info

Re: Monday morning classes - could you tell me how long in duration, cost, and an other relevant info.

Can you just turn up or do you need to make contact with someone? Just that I could be down that way Monday and though I might check it out - I am in need of all the help I can get!!!!!

The following I have copied & pasted from an old topic. It costs nothing for the Monday one they just like you to bring something for morning tea to share. Just turn up.

Geelong also has show training in Pettit Park in Bell Post Hill, on Monday morning. 10.30 - 11.30 then 11.30 - 12. morning tea

The following I have copied & pasted from an old topic. It costs nothing for the Monday one they just like you to bring something for morning tea to share. Just turn up.

Geelong also has show training in Pettit Park in Bell Post Hill, on Monday morning. 10.30 - 11.30 then 11.30 - 12. morning tea

Thank you Gumnut.

I found the thread originally but couldn't find now I am looking for it again. Knew it was an old threat and just wanted to check that it was still being held.

I read in an old thread (which I cant seem to find again now) that there was show training classes in Geelong, Victoria.

Does anyone know if they are still currently being held and if so the venue, day and time. Any information greatly appreciated.

Vacuna, as one who is ex Geelong therefore ex Pettite Park Show Training i can assure you that Pettite Park is a ripper to attend, they change who ever is going over the dogs about every 10 minutes and its mostly judges who are doing it, its one thing i really miss being down here if you do go tell them Linda and the Tenties say hello !

Thank you Silverblue and Tenties for providing the information.

The original plan was to call into Geelong on the way home from Warrnambool but I have decided that 37/38 degrees is just too hot for us. I was to drop a dog off in Geelong on my way through so now I will be just travelling down to do that.

If I get to Geelong training on Monday I will definitely do that Linda. Would they cancel the training if weather is inclement?

Thank you Silverblue and Tenties for providing the information.

The original plan was to call into Geelong on the way home from Warrnambool but I have decided that 37/38 degrees is just too hot for us. I was to drop a dog off in Geelong on my way through so now I will be just travelling down to do that.

If I get to Geelong training on Monday I will definitely do that Linda. Would they cancel the training if weather is inclement?

Training is usually cancelled if its raining catsndogs or extremely hot or sometimes if a show is on that day and its a public holiday alot of the people who attend are usually entered in them, oh and if you go get your brag ready as they have show brag just before morning tea begins :thumbsup: if you can try and ring Lorraine and Ron Bell, sorry i dont have their number here but they live not too far from the grounds they will fill you in on everything you need to know about the training :D