Macedon Ranges Animal Shelter

Hi all,

I'm trying to ascertain whether the Macedon Ranges Animal Shelter is a legit establishment. They claim that they "source" their rescue animals/dogs from Macedon Ranges Shire pound and they will rehome them as a non profit org, the animals are not desexed when they get to the shelter which would indicate that they would have to have a contract with the pound, but they have no knowledge of rescue groups, namely Victorian Collie Rescue, and advertise their animals on Gumtree. There is no listing for them on the Pet Rescue site.

Am I being over cautious by thinking something doesn't sit right?

Cheers

Jac

Edited by Banshee

MRAS is the Macedon Ranges Shire pound rehoming service. They have a contract with a local kennel for pound and rehoming; rehomeable dogs and cats are made available for adoption for the cost of desexing and vaccination. They are not a rescue group it is the Macedon Ranges Shire's pound service. They make a great effort to rehome as many local animals as they can.

Just to add that they probably aren't that rescue savvy because it's a long-standing contract with the Shire and they only operate locally. They may not even know about Pet Rescue.

Just to add that they probably aren't that rescue savvy because it's a long-standing contract with the Shire and they only operate locally. They may not even know about Pet Rescue.

Thanks Aphra. They know about Rescue Groups and Pet Rescue now... I went and met up with them today about a collie. Very reasonable to deal with. Yay!