Give A Dog A Bone......

Puppybella

She gets quite chunky beef bones but they're very lean, so maybe it is the marrow. They don't look like they have too much but I'll give some others a go and see if it improves. She gets the dentastick things too so I might cut back on the bones a little.

Thanks for your responses :)

I have never had a precious dog before but looks like Hamish can't handle the high fat content of lamb bones. He had pancreatitis just before Christmas last year and I was slowly reintroducing lamb bones back in to his diet since he loves lamb so much. He has been able to tolerate them once a week with no issues at all but earlier this week I almost over did it with him - 3 days in a row. He had runny poos and the smell when he farted is one that I will never forget. Swapped him back to turkey and chicken, he is back to normal again. He can tolerate lamb but looks like once a week is his new limit. I was feeding them lamb bones almost daily so I probably caused him to have pancreatitis, never gave it much thought though until he got sick.

The girls must have an iron gut - nothing affects them.

eta: small prey animals are a more natural diet if they were fending for themselves. Mother nature knows best.

Edited by Andisa