Looking For A Behaviourist In Nth Qld

Can anyone recommend a trainer or behaviourist in Nth Qld. Preferably between Cairns and Townsville, though I'm willing to travel. I have contacted several places but yet to get any replies. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction! Thanks everyone :-)

Somewhere I've got the phone number for the Dog Behaviour Helpline which is staffed by the dog behavioral unit at RSPCA Q'ld. You could get some 'starter' information and advice from them, over the phone. I used that service some time back and the person I dealt with was very, very helpful . They might know of any behaviourists up in the North Q'ld area, they'd suggest for face to face work.

All I've got to do now is find the phone number!

FOUND. Shall PM.

Edited by mita

• 1 month later...

I'm a long way from Qld so I don't know any behaviorists there but I did happen to notice this event in Cairns in my web travels:

The Nth Qlders helping to host it are Dogzcairns.org, I can't actually recommend them because I've had nothing to with them, but Grisha Stewart is very good (I will definitely go to her Sydney talk), so perhaps the people organising her seminar in Nth Qld are worth investigating further to see if they can provide what you need?

3rd & 4th November 2012 CAIRNS

Behaviour Adjustment Training (BAT) with Grisha Stewart MA CPDT – KA

For Aggression, Frustration & Fear

Grisha Stewart MA CPDT – KA

When : 3rd & 4th November 2012

Where : Smithfield High School, Cairns

http://www.dogtrainingseminarcairns.com/

for more information contact [email protected]

Hosted by DogzCairns Inc

Thanks Wobbly. Really appreciate the head's up and shall look into it.

I ended up having a dog trainer come out from NZ for the past week. She is a friend of a friend and thankfully was heading out here for a holiday. She is looking at coming back in September and running a course in dog behaviour. If anyone is interested, please send me a pm and I will pass on her details.

Gosh knows we need more experts in North Qld! :)

I'm a long way from Qld so I don't know any behaviorists there but I did happen to notice this event in Cairns in my web travels:

The Nth Qlders helping to host it are Dogzcairns.org, I can't actually recommend them because I've had nothing to with them, but Grisha Stewart is very good (I will definitely go to her Sydney talk), so perhaps the people organising her seminar in Nth Qld are worth investigating further to see if they can provide what you need?

3rd & 4th November 2012 CAIRNS

Behaviour Adjustment Training (BAT) with Grisha Stewart MA CPDT – KA

For Aggression, Frustration & Fear

Grisha Stewart MA CPDT – KA

When : 3rd & 4th November 2012

Where : Smithfield High School, Cairns

http://www.dogtrainingseminarcairns.com/

for more information contact [email protected]

Hosted by DogzCairns Inc