Kennel Cough

LabsAreSweet

We got our new 8 week old lab, Nissa yesterday.

I got a phone call from my SIL today to say one of her dogs (she is looking after for a friend) has kennel cough - took her to the vet today after yesterday coughing and hacking all day.

The vet advised her any dog she came in contact with within the last 10 days may possibly start to show symptoms etc and become sick.. My SIL has another dog (her own) that isnt showing signs as yet, however she is up to date with vac's where as the dog whom has the cough isnt (the owner hasnt done it) however the issue is that our 2 yr old Lab Jaffa has been in contact with both the dogs in the past week, they play at the local dog park together regularly....

Jaffa hasnt showed any signs but is also up to date with his vac's however obviously Nissa isnt, she hasnt met the other dog but is obviously in close quarters with jaffa ....

Any info?? should i be worried?? She has a vet check booked for next Tuesday night.

Should I be worried about Jaffa? He seems perfectly nice too... happy, energetic, eating well etc.. no cough..