Ponderosa Pet Resort In Oaklands Junction Vic

Tazar

Hi,

Has anyone used Ponderosa Pet Resort in oaklands junction before, can you provide any feed back? PM if you feel more comfortable. Friend is desperate to find accommodation for her two dogs next week as her usual boarding place has had to cancel due to extenuating circumstances.

many thanks

:)

Haven't ever used it, know 2 people who have in the past but it has changed hands since then. I have heard through the grapevine that the conditions are much better there now, but don't know anything about it first hand.

Thanks Pretty Miss Emma :)

Hi,

Has anyone used Ponderosa Pet Resort in oaklands junction before, can you provide any feed back? PM if you feel more comfortable. Friend is desperate to find accommodation for her two dogs next week as her usual boarding place has had to cancel due to extenuating circumstances.

many thanks

:)

I live 10 minutes up the road from there. Haven't used it myself, used to look dreadful but has had a change of ownership and what looks from the outside like a big cleanup. Having said that though, a work colleague and her husband went to check it out last month with a view to putting their dogs in there while they went away. She said she had to drag her husband away before he went off his trolley and told the owners he wouldn't house a cockroach there !!! So I guess I would personally go check it out before I booked them in. Is there any chance your friend can get someone to "house sit" her house and the dogs while she's gone ? We've done that before in the past, and it's worked out well.

Cheers,

Edited by divinemissmillie

Oh, that doesn't sound good... I have suggested she go an check it out for herself. She doesn't have any other options unfortunately.

thanks for your feedback divinemissmillie, much appreciated :)

I have left dogs there and found the people to be very friendly, helpful and knowledgable. The kennel facilities are old, but were well maintained and very clean. My dogs were in good condition when I picked them up and were happy to be left there again on another occasion. The people who own it now have done a huge ammount of work on the house, kennels and property, which were all very run down by the last owners. I used to drive past there and think 'what a dump', but you can easily see how much better it looks now. This is very handy to the airport, so also convenient place to leave the dogs when I have to go interstate. I will take the kids there next time I have to travel and will be confident they will be looked after well.