Puppy Car Sick

skunk

Hey all, was wondering how many of you have puppies/young dogs that get car sick & how u guys deal with it besides cleaning up after them once they have spewed allover the seats in the car lol.

thanks !

We picked up our little hound a month ago and she was sick on the way home from the breeder (after lasting over an hour!).

But we took her back to meet her family again last w'end and she was fine the whole way down from Brisbane - Gold Coast & back again. We had her in her bed chewing on her pork bone chew thingy and she was fine.

I think they should grow out of it, esp. if you take them on some small gradual trips in the car.

We usually go boating / fishing 1-2 times a month so we're hoping to introduce Dasher to the boat in the next few months (OMG...seasick here we come!).

yep it's pretty common. Most pups grow out of it

They only get over it if you keep taking them in the car. Maybe it is a breed thing but it actually very uncommon in my breed. You get the odd one now and then but most are fine. I do make sure my puppies get several car rides from about 5 weeks until the leave for their new homes at 8 weeks and believe this helps a lot.