A Story From The Us.

Tia

A friend from the US showed me this.... :mad

Many people feel that they do not have to worry about Breed Specific Legislation if they do not own a Pit Bull, however the breed list is constantly growing and now includes over 75 breeds that have restrictions or complete bans in cities across America.

The current list of banned or restricted breeds includes dogs that you would never expect to be placed on such a list. These breeds include the Airedale Terrier, Alaskan Malamute, American Eskimo Dog, Australian Shepherd, Boston Terrier, Golden Retriever, Keeshond, Labrador Retriever, Pug, Samoyed and Siberian Husky. These are just eleven of the over 75 breeds that are currently being discriminated against in the United States.

If a complete breed ban is enforced in your city you will be required to either move out of the city with your pet, re home your pet out of the city or turn your pet into the humane shelter to be destroyed.

If the breed is restricted, these restrictions may include having to have the dog muzzled at all times while in public, you may be required to purchase insurance for the dog, the dog may be restricted to your property at all times unless it is a medical visit to your veterinarian, or keep the dog in a specific enclosure at all times.

For more..... http://www.examiner.com/article/popular-breeds-being-banned-or-restricted-america

As we know Australia will soon follow if this article is true. :scared:

Edited by Tia

hopefully not as I think these have been around for a while.

I have noticed that rotties are banned in a few towns.

A friend who has a Shar Pei x moved and the home insurance ended up having to increase because of the breed of dog. Its absurd.

Edited by Cat