Dog Barking At Neighbors

laeral

Okay I need some strategies to address my girls barking issue.

The situation is that I am living at a temporary house while I build my house. Mica has never had neighbors near her fence line until we moved here. One side of our fence is along the road (dirt country road). The neighbors across the road have thier letter box on our side of the road, so next to our fence. They also have a golden retriever that often comes with them ti collect the mail.

Mica has taken to barking at the neighbors and their dog when they collect the mail. It has gotten worse as time has gone on to the point the neighbors can't walk down their driveway without her going off. Understandably this is annoying them. I have never had to adress this before as this is the first time she has been somewhere with neighbors so close.

The fence is just a standard rural fence with chicken wire, so very easy to see out of. I also can't section this area of due to the size and shape of the yard, think 2 acres with most of it fronting the road!

The other issue is that she mostly does it when I am not at home, so I can't correct the behavior.

I need help with ideas on addressing this. Anyone have any thoughts ir suggestions? I am even contemplating a bark collar, though I would have to investigate how they work a bit more.