Japanese Spits In Tiny Toy Size?

I had a cup of coffee a couple of hours ago and am unable to go to sleep so I took my laptop to bed and started perusing some ads. I stumbled on a particular ad that stipulates it has "Tiny toy size Japanese Spitz Puppies" for sale. This is a first for me as I never heard of the Jap. Spitz referred to as a "toy" breed. Looking at the photos of the parents, they look like normal sized Jap. Spitz. It really irks me that people would advertise under false pretences for a quick buck without considering the welfare of the puppies. Selling them off as a "toy" sized dog is unethical and totally inconsiderate as there's a good chance that once the pups grow bigger than originally anticipated, the new owners are likely to discard the dog, there's always the exception to the rule of course but on the whole....we all know that animals are a disposable commodity for many. I think I'm best off not looking at ads as the hypocrisy of people makes me swear2.gif

In a lot of places they incorrectly refer to JS as "toy" - but I've only ever seen one that would be about that size.

Mind you - I don't browse BYB or puppy farm sites so they may very well be trying to breed small to small to get extremely small dogs - might take them a while to get consistent!

BYBers trying to make a quick buck, and unfortunately there are some sucker out there that will believe it.

It's really really annoying to see ads like that.

There is so such thing :)

Edited by W Sibs