French Brittany

NoneTheLess

Hi guys,

long time lurker, first time poster.

My wife and I are absolutely in LOVE with French Brittany's and are having a really hard time trying to find a breeder in Melbourne.

I love all Brittany's, but the French ones are just amazing.

From doing a lot of research and having owned a French Brittany in the past I love their roan (dirty orange my wife calls it) colour, the fact they are a little stockier and shorter.

All around incredible dogs.

Does ANYONE here know where we can get a hold of a , either tri color Brittany or a roan/lots of ticks ( i think thats what they are called?)

My previous dog was from Bill Allen, former president of the Club L'Epagneul Breton but he no longer breeds.

Got in touch with Ray, the puppy officer for the club, but no puppies on the horizon. We're looking to get a new addition to the family end of January.

Thank you!

I would have thought the breed club in Victoria was your best bet as they would know who is breeding and if any pups are around but you have tried them. There are a couple of current breeders in New Zealand but both had litters in January and only have one breeding girl each. You might have more luck with the American type as DOL lists quite a few breeders in Australia and some of them may have roan coloured dogs.

Our french brittany girl was from one of those litters in January but we have waited some years for her!

Edit: there is a Brittany thread in the breed subforum of the general forum.

post-8662-0-65329900-1346611287_thumb.jpg

Edited by CaseyKay

French Britts are more commonly found in the field. There are quite a few breeders of them. If you get in touch with Fiona Brown (Tobenlee) or Marilyn Dinalte (Riverreed) they would probably steer you in the right direction as thier partners hunt :)

I too would have thought the Club L'Epagneul Breton would have been your best bet! Maybe try over at the Australian Working Retriever Central site where there are a few members with French Britts who may be able to help? http://www.australianworkingretrievercentral.org.au/bb/index.php

I'd recommend you keep your timing of a pup a bit more open thean end of January though.