Ingroinal Hernia Repair - Brisbane

macdolly

Hi everyone

Never had one before had only heard of them but we have a 9 week old puppy with an Ingroinal Hernia

Has anyone had one repaired / desexed at same time and what age

Vets indicating six or more months old and very sad to hold onto him for that long and then look to rehome him

Was thinking of giving him away on the condition it is done after six months of age (he is a very nice puppy)

Anyone else had one, and if so had it fixed - approx age / costing and in the Brisbane area ?

I use and recommend Anvet Kedron 33591812. I recently had a Shar Pei puppy come into care with massive double inguinal hernias. Due to the size they could not be left and the hernia repair was done early (at around 9 or 10 weeks) and she was then taken back later for her spey. My rescue puppies are desexed at 3 - 4 months of age so I can still find them a home when they are still "puppies".

I had a girl in my last litter. Sold her normal (owners were made aware of the inguinal hernia and still wanted to go ahead with buying her). My vet wrote a letter describing the condition ect and his advise re: desexing and repair. Owners were made aware to watch for it getting bigger or painful. Their own vet wanted to operate early but they chose to follow my advise and wait a bit longer. When she was speyed the inguinal hernia had repaired itself. We refund $300 of our selling price when the pups are desexed, repair of inguinal hernia should not cost a great deal on top of normal spey unless it is complicated. We had agreed to pay any extra if needed.