Dishwashing Flea Treatment?

Try spraying the yard with Malawash.

Years ago the land behind my parents house stated to be built on which in turn gave them a crazy flea problem...you would walk out onto their patio and literally within seconds would have fleas all the way up your legs!

My dad would spray every other day and in about 1.5 weeks there were no more fleas - this was done in conjunciton with a spot on treatment too

Malawash is a nasty. I wouldn't recommend putting it near any living creature!. Is it still even available anymore? I hope it isn't.

I don't even want to think about how many times I was immersed up to my elbows in that shit in the grooming salon in the bad old days. It would give me headaches & make me dizzy in an instant. Pretty sure it would be carcinogenic.

In the old days it was the best thing but we have come a loooong way thank dog!

I had several clients kill their dogs (and cats) with that stuff over the years.

Chihuahuamumma I'm not having a go at you, I would just beg people not to use malawash when there are so many better & safer alternatives these days

Has anyone tried Tea Tree Oil as a flea treatment? I use Advocate and have never had any issues, but when the kids get head lice from school (twice so far) I have used about 10 drops in a decent amount of conditioner, combed through with a lice comb and never had any issues. You do need to do it every second day or so over a 2 week period to get any newly hatched lice but it is chemical free (except for the conditioner itself)... I haven't done any research on it but wonder if it would work the same way with fleas?