October Kepala!

Snout Girl

Sunday 28 October 2012 @ 10am

Hoping to try for a BBQ again, but that is always dependant of numbers!!! So, people, spread the word, the more the merrier, and it would be great to see some old regulars attending, we used to have huge meets and great fun!!

For anyone who does want to come along, there a few things to know:

1. We are going to have fun and let the dogs have fun (this is a big one!)

2. If your dog is not so good with others, it is ok because there are other runs you can use

3. We want ALL the dogs to have fun, so no humping, fighting etc allowed. And as above there are other runs we can use.

4. The more the merrier

5. Not restricted to DOL members

6. $15.00 PER dog (Sorry, but there is no discount for bringing multiple dogs/puppies, its $15 a dog/puppy. Has been this way since we started).

7. BYO drinks

8. We usually each bring something.

9. I am happy for those who do not bring food to pay $5.00 but i need to know how many are not bringing anything so I can make sure we have enough.

Contact and Location

Kepala Canine Country Club is located next door to Kepala Pet Resort.

We are just off the Calder Hwy, directly opposite the Good Year Thunderdome.

Refer to map below.

Address:

55 Edwards Road, Diggers Rest.

Melways map ref: 3, A1

http://www.kepala.com.au/country_club

Below is a list of suggested BBQ foods if you struggle to think of what to bring:

Sausages

Hamburgers

Veg. burgers/veg. option

Chicken

Leafy salad

Pasta salad

Potato salad

Coleslaw

Bread/bread rolls and butter/margarine

sweets x 2?

soft drink

That's understandable LC, hope to catch up with you an Satu soon! :)

Not looking good so far guys, I know of one more definite, but that's still only 6 dogs, not sure we can secure our usual booking and price for that small number of dogs. I'll check in again in a couple of days to see how we're looking. Might call Kepala tomorrow just to check they have availability and possible make a tentative booking.

C'mon Kepala-ites!!!! Join the fun!! :D

Guest Panzer Attack!

On phone so quoting is hard. But!

Me & Scooter

Luke & Barkly :)

We will bring soft drink, juice, cups and a leafy salad if that's ok?

I saw Catherine has replied in the other thread, so that makes 3 more including Barkly and Panzer Attack :thumbsup:

I go to the same dog school as Alkhe (who has the poodle Maggie) and she is coming as well ! So that makes 10!

I reckon book em danno! No seriously, are you able to book for us Carissa?

List of dogs

Snout Girl: Bert, Sally and Bruce (and an OH)

Carrie: Soka and Shakur (and an OH)

pip1981: Dakota

Panzer Attack: Scooter

Luke W: Barkly

List of food

Snout Girl: tba

Carrie: tba

pip1981: tba

Panzer Attack: soft drink, juice, cups, green salad

Luke W: tba

Edited by Snout Girl

I saw Catherine has replied in the other thread, so that makes 3 more including Barkly and Panzer Attack :thumbsup:

I go to the same dog school as Alkhe (who has the poodle Maggie) and she is coming as well ! So that makes 10!

I reckon book em danno! No seriously, are you able to book for us Carissa?

Yep, will call right now and check availability! :D

Well, I have CRAPTASTIC news :( They have a group of 30 dogs coming in on Sunday, and they are also completing renovations to the BBQ area, and so cannot accommodate us this Sunday. Dale did let me know most Sundays next month are still available at this stage, but can anyone think of anywhere else for this Sunday?? Obviously with a safe enclosed area...

This might not suit everyone, but I thought I may as well suggest it. Our local council (City f Whittlesea) has 3 fenced off leash dog parks including permanent agility equipment. They are very grassy, and there are grassed areas surrounding the fenced park too. There is no shelter provided within the actual parks, so it would be weather permitting unless we travel to a nearby BBQ shelter, but if it's a nice day we could just bring picnic blankets, secure the doggies to the fence (on the outside of the park) and have a little picnic? Just bring a plate type thing instead of BBQ. The 3 parks are located in Thomastown, Epping North or South Morang. I can only vouch for the Epping North location, but I believe they are all similar. Obviously the only downfall, which is the same anywhere, is having to share with strangers/ strange dogs :/

Just bumping to see what folks are thinking???? Only 2 days away... :)

Sorry SG, I looked up Altona and it sounds good, but very popular, especially on a weekend. Personally (and this is my fault of course) I don't feel I have enough control over Dakota around a large number of strange dogs and people in a big open space. But if that's where the majority would like to go, go for it, we can wait until next month! :)

Just bumping to see what folks are thinking???? Only 2 days away... :)

Sorry SG, I looked up Altona and it sounds good, but very popular, especially on a weekend. Personally (and this is my fault of course) I don't feel I have enough control over Dakota around a large number of strange dogs and people in a big open space. But if that's where the majority would like to go, go for it, we can wait until next month! :)

no worries mate, completely understand.oh and i are going to head out there, the weather is going to be good and we like the beach as well :)

i think it looks like a big push for november! we certainly are keen!

Ok, now I don't feel so bad - was coming in here to profusely apologise cause I won't be able to come any more.. November it will be though! :thumbsup:

See you tomorrow at dog school! We better go up this time, I'm sick of green :laugh:

no worries mate, completely understand.oh and i are going to head out there, the weather is going to be good and we like the beach as well :)

i think it looks like a big push for november! we certainly are keen!

Hope you all had a good time, seemed it was a great day for the beach!

And, yes, hopefully next month will be a success! :D

I am free on the 11th, 18th and 25th, and when I called Kepala last week, I think those dates were all still available. SG, feel free to pick which suits you best (preferably 11th or 25th for LC) and start a thread if you like. As soon as we have 10 doggies, I'll book it in :D