Rally O. Training In Brisbane

I am not sure if any of you are in the Brisbane area & able to assist with a referral for training.

A lady in Brisbane has one of my Standard Poodles. She would like to find a small group, or private trainer, or positive rewards based club, in the Brisbane area, that could help her get started in Rally Obedience.

An issue has arisen

Her dogs are vaccinated with the core vaccines recommended by the Australian Veterinary Assoc./AVA protocol (vaccinate only with the 3 core vaccines & only once every 3 years)

See Australian Veterinary Assoc. www.ava.org.au under protocol for the vaccination of dogs & cats

Her dogs have blood titres for proof of immunity

She has been refused entry into a club due to the fact that she will not give her dogs a Kennel Cough vaccine, even though that vaccine is not recommended by AVA

Does anyone have a trainer or club (rewards based),that I can refer her to?

Thanks!!

She has been refused entry into a club due to the fact that she will not give her dogs a Kennel Cough vaccine, even though that vaccine is not recommended by AVA

From the AVA website:

"Non-core vaccines are required by only those animals whose geographic location, local environment or lifestyle places them at risk of contracting specific infections."

http://www.ava.com.au/policy/67-vaccination-dogs-and-cats

Nothing said about not recommending it at all.

I think she'll have to go the private trainer route, all the clubs I know in my area require kennel cough vaccination. Perhaps she could contact Maureen and Alex at Teamwork Dog Training on the northside - http://www.petpages.com.au/company/teamworkdogs/1574 (their website is down right now). They offer rally-o and may have an instructor who could work with this lady. Good luck.