Kennels/dog Walker For Da Dog

chuckandsteve

Hi,

Our house sitter for one of our dogs has fallen through for the 4 days after Christmas. So as well as it being short notice for finding someone to look after him he also has dog to dog issues and needs a decent handler not just someone who will come and walk him who knows little about dogs.

So we are looking for a kennel that could handle him, or a dog walker, or a dog trainer that will work with him in the yard. Its just 4 days so provided I wear him out in the lead up he shouldn't need too much attention but any recommendations would be appreciated

All Breeds Kennels in Lyndhurst, however I think they have a minimum stay over Christmas.

Cosmolo and her husband are qualified trainers who do dog walking. I trust my FA dog with them and haven't had an issue. Depending on where you are, I think Erny also does dog walking - she is another person I would trust (and I don't trust people with Lucy easily at all!).

Just DA which is fear based so whoever it is would be best they meet him first, he didn't like a plumber who came in the house and OH didn't introduce him. I wasn't there so not sure of the reaction, if he just barked or what.

I am a bit suss on kennels as there are all these stories of kennels doing things with peoples dogs they are meant to. I am going to try his private trainer but I think I have left my run to late so these are back ups. I might try underdog which is cosmolo I believe, we are in Wantirna.

I am not very trusting of people to do what they are told with my dog. I also dont trust a lot of trainers, lol, I have seen too many who seem to be scared of big dogs so I like a referal at least. My Mum's neighbour took his Rottie to training and had him muzzled even though he has no issues and the trainer was still too scared to go near him?!?!?!

All Breeds Kennels in Lyndhurst, however I think they have a minimum stay over Christmas.

Cosmolo and her husband are qualified trainers who do dog walking. I trust my FA dog with them and haven't had an issue. Depending on where you are, I think Erny also does dog walking - she is another person I would trust (and I don't trust people with Lucy easily at all!).

Yes its the trusting isn't it!! You totally get where I'm coming from. lol