Amstaff Is Itchy

simmy78

I just saw the photo of Hades after looking up itchy am staff... My puppy is 11 mths old and what started off as a few welts on her neck which is white.. Our vet couldn't really tell me what was wrong and was put on anti biotics and given oral flea control in case she was allergic to fleas. It calmed down but I wasn't satisfied

Now she has welts all over her back none on her tummy tho

Not itchy she doesn't scratch

She is a blue fawn am staff

All of the other posts talk about the dogs tummy not their backs????

Are there any canine dermatologists in your area? I would be asking for a referral and get to the bottom of it. Your poor dog must be miserable. The best advice i have had for an itchy dog from canine dermatolgists has been plain old hydrotherapy - no shampoos as they can increase irritation. Put the dog in the tub and spray tepid water on the affected areas for up to ten minutes and pat dry thoroughly, never rub.

Edited by Florise

No I only posted on 17/12/13????

Ava went to the vet the next day and was put under the lights and we found little pustules and a scraping was taken but the vet gave her a jab and lot of anti biotics as he thinks its definitely a bacterial infection .... We also found a bite under her front arm

By the evening the welts had settled the vet has a great history so it seems with staffys in general

Previously we had seen a much younger vet

So when the time came for payment the vet said this is just a revisit on a previous condition and only charged for his time basically

Will keep posted but from now on I'm just going straight to the vet as it was nothing I had assumed haha ranging from mozzie bites to allergic reactions and everything in between????