Pet Movers Australia

Nik

Hi all,

Just doing some research on behalf of a friend, and I've come across a company I've not heard of before. I've tried looking for reviews on them but have come up with a blank.

So I thought I'd ask on here- has anyone had heard of them/ had any experience dealing with them?

Thanks

Is it a part of the company Dogmovers, perhaps?

I've never heard of Pet Movers- maybe check the website registration, see who owns it?

Edited to add..

Is this the one you mean? - http://www.prestigepetmovers.com.au/

Re-edit.. Or this- http://www.petmovers.com/

Re-re-edit..

Was just looking at the second site and.. :confused:

Companies

We Have

Proudly Served.

• Microsoft

• General Electric

• Home Depot

• Coca Cola

• Bell South

• Graebel International

• Atlantic Relocations

• Wheaton International

• Movers International

Edited by Hardy's Angel

Pet Movers Australia has been around for over 20 years mainly doing International Pet Relocation. They are based in Newport Victoria and they are not part of DogMovers or any other organisation.

They advertise in yellow pages and their website www.pet-movers.com.au. The other website www.petmovers.com.au is a domain name that was brought by the people that own Ozpetshop and it is a stagnant site.

Prestige Pet Movers is a Sydney based company, the owner/s used to work for Animal Travel in Sydney until around two-three years ago.

Petmovers.com is a US based organisation that I have heard of but really do not know a great deal about other than what is on their website.

Edited by wayrod

They may have been around for 20 years, personally I don't trust any company that isn't prepared to list their address on their website.http://pet-movers.com.au/ Their website is pretty thin on the ground for a company that has been around for 20 years. As you live in Newport, why not call them and make an appointment to meet them at their offices, check them out? (Their post office box is a Willy address).

I checked the ABN Lookup (use it often for work) and there isn't much listed here either: http://abr.business.gov.au/SearchByAbn.aspx?abn=52119115721

I would personally be doing more research. Perhaps checking through your vet who would be a reliable pet mover. I wouldn't use any company that uses Virgin - because they are now Patrick or whatever, formerly Ansett Airfreight. Had problems when they were Ansett (serious ones - forgetting to upload animals, then leaving them in cages for a day in 38degree heat and without water!) and then more recently with Virgin - leaving Puppy on the tarmac which resulted in her getting a perforated air drum when the plane came in. It was in breach of IATA regulations. They didn't accept responsibility but paid for her vet bills.

I would want to know with any pet movers - what airlines they use. Then check out the reputation of these airlines, etc. When I brought Puppy back from Vietnam I went with Thai, because they let me take her in the cabin accompanied (in a dog carry softpack)to Singapore. Then from Singapore to Australia she flew Qantas (ok!! I hear you! our national carrier isn't what it once was. Lucky this was 2004!) I would only use Qantas for domestic carry of animals. They are used to it. And, I did hear that Virgin has stopped taking animals, but unsure if this is the case.

Hope this helps

It's ok, I've found out who they are and surprisingly they live across the road from me! (Up a few doors)

There is no way I would use him. (Judging by the number of litters of puppies that walk out his door to new homes)

I had no idea he was a legitimate company.