Hives After Vaccinations?

Oswald

My pup had a hives reaction after his second lot of vaccinations. He is due for his third vaccinations this week and I am a little nervous. Has anyone got any experience with a puppy who had a hives reaction to vaccinations and had another without incident? They will be giving him antihistamine at the time but I am really not looking forward to him having them done in case he has a worse reaction this time around :(

Thanks in advance

Mel

Are you giving him a C5 or C3?

If the pup has already had 2 vaccs you don't necessarily 'have' to vaccinate again.

There are also other options - titer test to see if he has immunity or Parvac only.

He has one c4 and then a c5, thank you for that information might do some googling :D

Are you giving him a C5 or C3?

If the pup has already had 2 vaccs you don't necessarily 'have' to vaccinate again.

There are also other options - titer test to see if he has immunity or Parvac only.

He has one c4 and then a c5, thank you for that information might do some googling :D

You have no need to vaccinate him with a third. Titre test at 1 year to see if he needs another vacc, he may not need another for a few years. If he is reacting to vaccines the less you do the better for your dog.