Mild Pancreatitis

My 7yo dog hadn't been his normal playful self for about a month. He'd been going off his food too, and recently had stopped eating altogether. Vet took blood & diagnosed mild pancreatitis. He's fed Optimum dry & a little Optimum wet food mixed in (won't eat dry food otherwise). Vet said that should be OK, but to make sure he doesn't get treats or table scraps cause his diet should be low fat.

He really doesn't eat much other than the optimum food & sometimes a bit of cat food that my cat doesn't want, so should I be changing his food to something more low fat? I'm worried he'll get so skinny! (He's a little lean IMO as it is).

My 7yo dog hadn't been his normal playful self for about a month. He'd been going off his food too, and recently had stopped eating altogether. Vet took blood & diagnosed mild pancreatitis. He's fed Optimum dry & a little Optimum wet food mixed in (won't eat dry food otherwise). Vet said that should be OK, but to make sure he doesn't get treats or table scraps cause his diet should be low fat.

He really doesn't eat much other than the optimum food & sometimes a bit of cat food that my cat doesn't want, so should I be changing his food to something more low fat? I'm worried he'll get so skinny! (He's a little lean IMO as it is).

Low fat usually means less then 10%. 'Normal' Optimum is 14%. The 'light and mature' Optimum is 8%. It might be worth trying it.

Yep, my bully is on a low fat diet atm, we used to feed raw.

The vet said i could either buy Hills ,but that Supercoat lite and mature was fine.( 7%)

I did recently check them all out and saw the Optimune lite was only 8% , so would prefer that over Supercoat.

I hate more poo and sloppy which is what she is doing on supercoat :(

We feed kangaroo meat, natures gift kangaroo as both are low in fat, rice with veges. She also has low fat biscuits (cant remember which one) from the supermarket and half a 4x2 for breakfast. She has been on this diet for a few years now and is doing really well on it.