Importing From Nz

pugzrule

A couple of years ago now I brought in 2 whippets from NZ (one was 3 months the other 4 months when they came over.)

For the size of the crates they needed (one was a PP20 the other was the size up from that) made the total costs at $1000

for one of them and $1200 for the other. That included the export pedigree and what ever else was needed. The breeders did

everything at that end and told me the price. I was happy with it and when everything was sent over all was correct :)

I am guessing you are looking at a Pug :) so i would think it should be well under that cost as you can use a much smaller crate!

hope that was of some help

I brought a French Bulldog puppy over in Jan this year and it was a little under $1000 with a PP30 crate. This was through Air Care pet services. Was very happy with their service. Pretty sure the only vet work was Vaccinations and microchipping, maybe a vet clearance 24 hours before sorry can't remember but the transport company should organize this for you anyway.

Edit to add that is NZ dollars :)

Edited by Frenchfry

It's been about 10 years since we bought our two dogs and three cats over, but from what I can remember, it is a relatively simple process. Just leave plenty of time to organise, as I do remember a bit of vet work had to be done a good few weeks in advance - can't remember exactly what, but I do remember it wasn't just a day or two before the flight.

We used Dogtainers and they also supplied the crates, collected the animals from our home, took them to the airport and arranged everything there. We just had to collect them from the cargo area of the airport when they arrived (poor bubbies didn't appreciate being "cargo" - they thinks they is people!). You can't just use any old dog crate, there are special rules for air travel crates. We bought ours outright, but I think you can also hire them. As long as you book plenty of time in advance, they can arrange to have your pets on the same flight as you.

The cost of the freight goes on weight, so the smaller the dog, the cheaper you're going to get away with. Get in contact with some of the companies that offer the service and they'll tell you exactly the process and the costs.

You can't sedate the animals (I queried regarding sedation as I thought it may make the trip a little easier for them, but the vet strongly advised against it. Can't remember the exact reason, I think it was something to do with altitude affecting the drugs?) Anyway, all the animals coped fine, and were as good as gold the next morning after they had recovered from their long day before.

Very simple - MUCH simpler than sending one from here to NZ.

You must use an agent for the booking but if the person at the other end wants to do the running around with the vet then there's no reason for the agent to ever even touch the dog :) On top of freight you have about $300 for a vet certificate no more than 72 hours before the flight and about $80 for fees at this end.

For a NZ agent Tania @ Dogpower gets the big thumbs up from me - brilliant service.

Given what I've read on DOL, Wayrod on here would be the person I would trust my dog with.

I am importing a dog from America and Wayrod is who i am dealing with and i am VERY happy with my service as i had LOTS of questions! This is my 1st import from somewhere other then NZ (which was very easy!)

I would always recomend Wayrod!

Very simple - MUCH simpler than sending one from here to NZ.

You must use an agent for the booking but if the person at the other end wants to do the running around with the vet then there's no reason for the agent to ever even touch the dog :) On top of freight you have about $300 for a vet certificate no more than 72 hours before the flight and about $80 for fees at this end.

For a NZ agent Tania @ Dogpower gets the big thumbs up from me - brilliant service.

Tania from Dogpower is who the people from NZ used to send my pups over and there was no issues, she was very good :)

Guest Wildthing

Sedation affects the blood pressure - can cause it to drop too low.

Wayne Moor of Mooreholme Park Boarding Kennels is the person I recommend. 03) 9338 0823 [email protected]

I have one of my adopted cats going to NZ with his owner when she returns with her work who will use Wayne.