Nadac Aus

I don't move in agility circles so it doesn't surprise me that I've never heard of them before, but do you agility guys know of them?

I know agility is bigger than a lot of other dog sports but I'm am still surprised that there would be enough interest for there to be two (or more) organisations and their affiliate clubs running trials.

Yes, trialled in it once but prefer ANKC agility.

NADAC is only done in Victoria, in Qld they have ADAA - ADAA have run one trial in Vic a few years ago and another in WA I think. Not sure if they run any in NSW?

NADAC courses tend to be much more open and flowing with significant focus on being to handle at a distance. There is no tyre, seesaw, broad or spread. The A-frame is lower, wider and rubberised. Dogwalk is rubberised but same as ANKC.

You have the option of running your dog down a height from it's normal jump height and again once it's over 7 yo (??) so a 500 height dog can run the equivalent of 400 if you wish, and 300 if deemed a senior. Rings are run one at a time, and they are fenced with safety fencing. They also have one event called tunnellers where the course is made up of nothing except tunnels and another called hoopers which is running through hoops on the ground instead of jumps. So the dogs don't even have to jump, great for the oldies who still want a run but struggle with jumping.

In NSW there is ADAA and ADAC :)

ADAA has higher jump heights and contact equipment than ANKC, and the A-Frame is a different height depending n the jump height class. ADAC has a top jump height of 500, the 'normal' size seesaw not the weesaw, no broad, spread or table, and the courses tend to be more open.

ADAA has higher jump heights and contact equipment than ANKC, and the A-Frame is a different height depending n the jump height class. ADAC has a top jump height of 500, the 'normal' size seesaw not the weesaw, no broad, spread or table, and the courses tend to be more open.

ADAC is not running anymore though! So now NSW just has ADAA and ANKC

Bummer! When did that happen? I hadn't run ADAC for a while, so I am out of the loop with them!

My club runs 2 NADAC trials a year. They usually have around 1 or 2 trials per month in a few different spots around Melb and Geelong.

Tunnelers and Hoopers are heaps and heaps of fun!!! Especially for beginner dogs and the oldies who still love to run (and let's be honest any dog that loves tunnels getting the chance to run 14 or so tunnels in a row!!!! :laugh: ).

In the USA I think it is a fairly large competition!

Bummer! When did that happen? I hadn't run ADAC for a while, so I am out of the loop with them!

the couple who run adac aren't doing it anymore. All 2nd hand info but apparently the fellow got a new job and its too hard for her to run it on her own. I had been waiting for this year's calendar and it never showed up and when I mentioned it to a friend they told me. Just didn't come back this year.