Dog Haters From Hell

Shame is a very dangerous emotion. Shamed people act recklessly and lash out at those shaming them. You may get ten minutes of satisfaction but you're going to go home and have to live next door to them. The kind of people that throw glass into a neighbors garden do not stop because of a court order, they merely get more sneaky and nasty. They bring their nasty friends in, it escalates. As hard as it is walk away before it gets worse, plant a giant hedge, make no eye contact and try to not further fuel the situation.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame is a very dangerous emotion. Shamed people act recklessly and lash out at those shaming them. You may get ten minutes of satisfaction but you're going to go home and have to live next door to them. The kind of people that throw glass into a neighbors garden do not stop because of a court order, they merely get more sneaky and nasty. They bring their nasty friends in, it escalates. As hard as it is walk away before it gets worse, plant a giant hedge, make no eye contact and try to not further fuel the situation.

In my case it stopped immediately after the court case, still did not trust them though. I believed they would just get sneakier or smarter next time.

We planted over 80 screening natives, they killed them one by one. I still have the pics of the planting, it was expensive and hard work.

I do believe idiot neighbours need to be held accountable, though the only way to do it is by the book.

It is very sad, you can't win either way. If you say and do nothing it will continue, if you do act they become even more pissed off (funnily enough they are p.off at what they themselves have created) :eek:

I had a neighbour actually cut down trees that should have been protected by council. I reported them to council but they wouldn't get involved. Imagine if I had cut them then I'm sure I would have got into trouble. My particular council run if they hear neighbour disputes. It just takes so much energy to deal with people like this and yet they seem to thrive on it. I guess they have personalities that thrive on conflict and they just don't play by the same rules. I've heard some horrific stories of disputes that get out of control.