Attention All Breeders In Victoria

Loreley

This is atrocious.

I am not sure that they have any legal right to just enter her property like that.

We will have no freedom or rights of any kind soon.

A relative who lived in the USA for many years said that the

"right to bear arms" was born from the perceived need to

keep government agents off their (private) property.

Council have a right to enter your property/land but RSPCA have no legal powers to enter without a warrant. Useful info on your rights in link below. UK based but same here.

http://the-shg.org/Basic%20legal%20advice%20for%20pet%20owners.htm

Not the same here at all. In some states RSPCA can enter land without a warrant. All they need is a reasonable belief that an act of cruelty has occured or is about to occur. NSW is one such state but to my knowledge is not the only one. In fact the current legislation gives RSPCA inspectors greater powers than police without accountability.

so how did RSPCA become so all powerful? they would have originally been no different to any other rescue group in the beginning.

Historically the RSPCA were no where near what they are now in fact it was about stopping animals from suffering and that usually meant dead . Better to be dead than homeless and it was originally about getting stray dogs off the street.

Simple answer is that state laws have given them the power but as they are a charity they have no requirements to have the type of accountability of a government department and no outside accountability.

This is an eye opening too. koalas.pdf

There is already a massive thread on this. From what I gather, the main changes will be that breeders are supposed to become licensed, which means they can come and inspect you at any time as they know where you are, and actually enforce rules. There are already many restrictions in place which simply cannot be enforced (i.e. dog numbers, no whelping on land that is not zoned for it etc) and which are now scaring pure bred breeders shitless, and rightly so, since you will not be able to avoid these regulations any longer once they can look you up and visit any time.

NSW also has similar drafts being reviewed and I have already completed the government surveys to give my opinion on it (as per DOGS NSW recommendations) and so should everybody else who cares for pure bred dog breeding to continue other than in a large commercial facility.

Two different issues this one is Victorian and its proposed changes to the codes and therefore doesnt need to go through parliament .

Its basically what ever they determine to do they can do - after all they have now consulted with stake holders.

The NSW one is different as it does involve licencing and will require a change to state law to be able to go ahead.