Dog Marking Since Bringing The New Baby Home

Hi everyone,

We have a 5 week old baby and 3 dogs. It has been going really well so far all dogs have been friendly with baby. We have 1 dog who has been abused, is dog reactive and scared of random objects. Anyway this dog has started marking in the house, despite the 20 plus foster dogs we have had we have never had this problem.

So i was wondering how we stop him doing it? It is getting worse at first we couldnt work out which one was marking but now he will mark all the time

This is what I was told when I had a recent issue similar, a "stressful situation bought on marking inside"

Always check for a medical reason before assuming a behavioral one, says the nurse dog musher. Until you get him checked for a UTI, you haven't done the first step. Until you know the answer on that, create a new routine for him... after he's gone out to pee, bring him back in the house and put him in his crate WITH a really good, long lasting treat (ie. beef bone or something equally enticing). Leave him in there, as a reward, for about 15 minutes after you are done pottying your other dogs; then take him out on a leash and take him back outside to pee again.... If there's any hormonal cause, he'll get to pee on top of Milo's scent, which will make him very happy. 1.) Check out the medical, 2.) Control his opportunities, and 3.) Form a new behavior..... Form what you want, modify what you don't want... and make it a "reward" in his mind so that he thinks he's the king's meow for the new behavior.. but, check out the medical!! (Did I say that enough.....??)

I followed it, fairly closely, and had him back in sync? within a week.

Thanks for the advice, we started it, then i caught him once and told him no and he hasnt marked inside again. Bad i know but it was just reaction

how is it bad? my husband caught my dog, and rubbed his nose in it (and I'm totally against that) BUT he stopped peeing inside after it. if it worked, it's not bad.