Saint Bernard Insurance

Natnmack

PetPlan or Bow Wow Meow. Bernard's are pretty expensive I think, because of their short lives and giant breed status. I think that the number #1 thing you need to get cover for is tick paralysis, but not sure if that's an issue where you are. Also get cover for cruciate repair - but that usually has a 6 month exclusion depending on who you go with, so get it sooner rather than later.

Hi Natnmack :) I have an 8 month old Saint baby. I spent ages trying to decide if we should get pet insurance for him or not, and in the end we didn't. They are an expensive breed to insure. Instead of paying an insurance company each month, I put money aside into a special savings account, which I don't touch for anything other than vet bills. Having said this though, Saint vet bills can be enormous. I'm not saying definitely don't get pet insurance, as plenty of people swear by it and would be lost without it, but if you're good at saving and can commit to putting money aside each period without touching it, then that could be another option for you.

Good luck with your new pup! Where is he or she coming from? :)

PetPlan or Bow Wow Meow. Bernard's are pretty expensive I think, because of their short lives and giant breed status. I think that the number #1 thing you need to get cover for is tick paralysis, but not sure if that's an issue where you are. Also get cover for cruciate repair - but that usually has a 6 month exclusion depending on who you go with, so get it sooner rather than later.

Yeah they are actually the 2 I have been leaning towards...nope I'm over in the west so tick paralysis not an issue luckily!! I will def get in writing what the cover includes, yep,getting it as soon as I get her????

Thanks..

Hi Natnmack :) I have an 8 month old Saint baby. I spent ages trying to decide if we should get pet insurance for him or not, and in the end we didn't. They are an expensive breed to insure. Instead of paying an insurance company each month, I put money aside into a special savings account, which I don't touch for anything other than vet bills. Having said this though, Saint vet bills can be enormous. I'm not saying definitely don't get pet insurance, as plenty of people swear by it and would be lost without it, but if you're good at saving and can commit to putting money aside each period without touching it, then that could be another option for you.

Good luck with your new pup! Where is he or she coming from? :)

Oh really:-) they are gorgeous dogs aren't they!!yeah I thought about doing that but think I will go,for insurance, not the best at saving plus a saint bill,can easily turn huge, it's happened before!!

I'm getting her from a breeder in canning vale????

Thanks????

Yes I actually saw your name pop up on some comments on Facebook (recognized your name from here). Your girl is a stunner! Are you planning to show? Great people you're buying from too, they are friends of mine :) it's a really nice looking litter.

Yes I actually saw your name pop up on some comments on Facebook (recognized your name from here). Your girl is a stunner! Are you planning to show? Great people you're buying from too, they are friends of mine :) it's a really nice looking litter.

Oh really:-) yeah she is as stunner....nah don't think I will show her, yes they are great people:-) I can't wait to get her...