Vet Day Today!

Leah82

Collie is spending the day at the Vet today, he's getting a scale and polish coz he has really stinky breath and his claws are getting trimming right back and the quicks cauterised so there will be no more 'click click click' on the floorboards from him. I'm a bit excited :)

I'm actually more worried about Sarah spending the day without Collie, she gets pretty anxious when he's not around. Luckily my OH has his RDO today so he can somewhat keep her company, she's not really a fan and generally keeps her distance from him but at least he can make sure she's safe and keep her distracted with treats

We might look at getting a dremel for Collie as his claws are solid brown and I can't tell where the quick is to save my life.

Sarah is very easy, her nails are even longer but I'm clipping them weekly to get the quick to recede.

I only just found out the other week that the quick grows if you let the nails get too long. As an adult I've only owned dogs for the last year but I'm finding out all sorts of things that I can implement from scratch when I finally get a puppy rather than having to deal with the results of other peoples mismanagement.

And Collie is back from the Vet. They called my OH to get him to pick Collie up early coz he was howling and whining :(

Luckily we only live around the corner

He's apparently still pretty groggy and is shuffling around the house with a waggy tail