Perth People Know Of Good

Yes this information whether it be for me or others is very useful.

Unfortunately this obedience is too far to travel with a car sick dog so maybe even though I don't agree with the techniques of the training club at middle swan oval but it might only be my option as I can walk to the oval.

I may even be able to drive him without him throwing up. If I take a bucket and cloth to wash him before lessons.

Jewl.

• 1 year later...

I don't live in Perth but, Northern Suburbs Ob. Club has an Aus. wide reputation since Gina O'Keefe (Head Instructor) there has been running seminars in the Eastern States.

Gina has top trialling results with scores of 199-200 and the club is run using positive reinforcement techniques.

You lucky perthites. I would travel many miles to go to a club where she teaches....

Yep, except she doesn't actually teach in any of the main classes when I've been there (might be involved occasionally in the higher classes). And you can't use clickers, and depending on the class, use of things like tugtoys can be discouraged.

Almost all the other clubs in Perth (all that I know of) are positive reinforcement based too- so there is a wide choice of clubs across Perth, with a heap of experienced and successful instructors, and some have smaller class sizes, more relaxed structures, more or less trial focus, and lead in to agility etc. You could train at least 5 days a week at positive-training clubs if you had time. And if trial specific training is required, Sue Hogben does private lessons which are unbelievably valuable, highly recommended.

We're very lucky over here! Lots of hidden treasures, some less well-advertised than others, but a heap of excellent options.

Edited by mjk05