Phud's Creaky Bones

Has anybody heard of/used Phud's Creaky Bones? It is a supplement for senior dogs. If so, I'd love to hear if it is any good. My Shepherd is nearly 11 years old, and is on other supplements for his joints, etc., but I'm always looking in case there is something better out there. Anyway, here's the link to Phud's if you want to read about it.

http://www.phuds.com...ld-darling.html

Some of these herbs have warnings on them I would speak with a vet first and I wouldnt give this mix to my dog.

Side effects of willow bark may include blood pressureinstability, edema (swelling), rash, Hypertriglyceridemia (an excess oftriglycerides in the blood), diarrhea, heartburn, vomiting, and dyspepsia(upset stomach). Willow bark may also lead to hyperuricemia (high levels ofuric acid in the blood), which may precipitate an attack of gout in susceptiblepatients. Willow bark may cause hepatic dysfunction, dizziness, fatigue,swollen eyes, bronchospam, papillary necrosis or headaches.

combination productscontaining willow may cause acute weakness, hematemesis (blood in the vomit),melena (black stools), abdominal pain, pale mucous membranes, andpanhypoproteinemia (low levels of protein in the blood), indicating severegastrointestinal bleeding.

The salicylates present in willow bark may also impairplatelet function resulting in an increased bleeding time. However, dailyconsumption of salicis cortex extract is thought to affect platelet aggregationto a far lesser extent than acetylsalicylate. Caution is advised in patientswith bleeding disorders or taking drugs that may increase the risk of bleeding.Dosing adjustments may be necessary.

Although uncommon, devil’s claw can cause seriousside-effects of abnormal heart rhythm and bleeding. Other, less seriousside-effects include:

rashes

stomach upsets

diarrhoea

headaches

loss of appetite.

Devil’s claw has been reported to interact withanticoagulants, painkillers, heart drugs (for example digoxin) and stomach aciddrugs (for example famotidine)

- See more at: http://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/arthritis-information/complementary-and-alternative-medicines/cam-report/complementary-medicines-for-osteoarthritis/devils-claw.aspx#sthash.SD21xPYS.dpuf

Kidney problems: The above ground parts of stinging nettleseem to increase urine flow. If you have kidney problems, discuss stingingnettle with your healthcare provider before starting it.

“Auto-immune disorders” such as such as multiple sclerosis(MS), lupus (systemic lupus erythematosus, SLE), rheumatoid arthritis (RA), askin disorder called pemphigus vulgaris, or others: Echinacea might have aneffect on the immune system that could make these conditions worse. Don’t takeechinacea if you have an auto-immune disorder.

Seizures: There is a concern that ginkgo might causeseizures. If you have ever had a seizure, don’t use ginkgo.

Infertility: Ginkgo use might interfere with gettingpregnant. Discuss your use of ginkgo with your healthcare provider if you aretrying to get pregnant.

Bleeding disorders: Ginkgo might make bleeding disordersworse. If you have a bleeding disorder, don’t use ginkgo.

Surgery: Ginkgo might slow blood clotting. It might causeextra bleeding during and after surgery. Stop using ginkgo at least 2 weeksbefore a scheduled surgery.