Mornington Lodge - Any Experience Or Comments?

jin

Hi there, I am considering sending my two little guys (Havanese and Maltese) to Mornington Lodge for two weeks in December.

I have already done searches on these forums and read the comments, and I have also been to visit the accommodation. They seemed good, except that I wasn't able to see the Henry Lodge (where they will be housed), as it would have required us to walk through other dog lodging.

I am just looking for any comments from anybody with recent experience, particularly of the Henry Lodge, but also of Mornington Lodge generally.

Many thanks!

The owner of Mornington Lodge runs a horse rescue and a country-wide pug rescue, although that has nothing to do with the quality of the accommodation and care for boarders, it might give you an indication of the deep love for animals behind Mornington Lodge!

My brother used to board his dogs there but we became wary of the place for a few reasons. We asked to visit his dogs while they were there but they would only bring the dogs out to us and not let us see them in their accommodation, even though it was during inspection hours. They were in the top priced enclosures so we had no way of verifying that they were actually getting what he paid for. The next time he was overseas, I visited the kennels saying that I was considering boarding my dogs there and found that his dogs were not in the exercise area that they should have been in. Also I personally don't like the fact that you can't leave your dog with a security blanket nor it's favourite toy. They say they keep your dog with a 'compatible' friend. How do they tell if 2 dogs who are strangers in a strange situation, are going to get along??

Personally I'd look elsewhere. We got bad vibes about the place. They run it as a business first and are very inflexible with owners and dogs.

But the above was 5 years ago so perhaps ownership has changed.