Tramadol Cost

koolietas

We received 1ml of tramadol from the vet and they charged $29.74

Does that sound right???

I suspect we were meant to be given 10ml (that's what was written on the invoice as well), but when we queried it at the vet surgery today, they (vet nurse and receptionist) said 1ml was correct and that was also the correct price for 1ml.

I also believe the amount released was incorrect and 1ml will only provide 5 dosages (only a 4kg dog) and she is meant to be on the tramadol for several weeks (which also makes me think 10ml was supposed to be given).

Waiting for the vet who prescribed the medication to call me back tomorrow...but just wanted to see what others thought of the pricing.

TIA

I would wait for the vet to contact you. It will depends on the amount that was supposed to be dispensed and the fee structure including a dispensing fee which are things that are specific to your situation and the vet clinic.

There will be a dispensing fee, possibly around $15 could be more or less, then the cost of the drug. So 1 ml might cost that, 10mls not a hell of a lot more on the scheme of things. I have had tramadon injections for my dog but cannot remember what they cost.