Hans And Boo

Hansky Mum

Hannie and Boo Boo

Its 5 months today since I lost you my Boo and 20 weeks since I lost you my Hans. I know you are together and looking after each other with Ciele and Angus. Not an hour goes by when I don't think of you my darling children and not a second goes by when I think of the horrible last weeks you had. I hope you can think of our happy times together and still love me when I come to see you again. Its only natural that it hurts so much, its a reflection of how much I love you. Your untimely deaths will not be in vain.

Love as always Mummy

Hans and Boo - mother and daughter - died on 29 November 2004 (Boo) and 12 December 2004 (Hans) from an unknown caused hemolytic anemia. They were 11 and 9 years old. The vets misdiagnosed. Boo died in terrible pain and suffering in the hospital without me. Hans was PTS. Their deaths were not peaceful or graceful and I am now having the five vets involved investigated for misconduct. They will most likely get a tap on the wrist. As a legacy to both beautifual girls I will now be fighting for better representation for pets in vet care, better information to mums and dads about their rights with vets and better information about the causes of hemolytic anemias - of which there are many about your house.

Hemoytic Anemias cause internal hemoraging. These can be controlled by cortisone if caught early. There are various different types and they happen in many animals and humans. If you remeber toxic shock syndrome and the children who died in SA from Salami poisonong they had a similar thing. Hemolytic anemia is quite a general term and different forms have different consequences. Causes can be anything from onions, drugs such as Rymadyl, hereditary, E Coli (watch Barf Diets), other unknown toxins, and scary but they can just happen. In the US they believe that vaccinations and heart worm prevention can cause it as well. Symptoms are loss of appetite, anemia (pale gums), lethargy, rapid breathing, vomiting and diarea then leading to kidney and liver failure. But these don't have to happen all at once and my girls got some symptoms in different stages. Watch out for enlaged spleens. All can be signs of hemolytic anemia and DIC (which is basically massive explosins of the red blood cells in all vital organs and .......... This works very quickly and one day you'll have a happy bouncy little girl and then before you know it ..........

You do not want anyone you know to go through this. It is treatable but a very high mortality rate. If your dog has any of these symptoms and you vet doesn't take it seriously get another opinion. Mine would be alive today if I did.