Cnbc Lawsuit Claims Purina's Beneful Is Poisoning, Killing Dogs

Dr_Joan

This is something I have tried to work out re Australian ingredients and as far a I can find there is nothing govt regulated to protect consumers from anything other than the meat component. If someone can dispute that I'd me more than happy because to me it reads as if the labelling doesn't have to tell you the origin of the ingredients. :(

some snippets

Imported pet food regulation

All pet food imported into Australia must comply with the provisions of the Quarantine Act 1908, administered by DAFF Biosecurity. Regulation of imported pet food is limited to quarantine[1] issues and the Quarantine Act 1908 does not provide an authority for the Australian Government to mandate tests, treatments or recalls of imported pet food, other than for quarantine issues. DAFF Biosecurity does not have the legal authority to regulate the safety of imported pet food.

Currently, there is no other legislation that regulates safety of imported pet food. The Imported Food Control Act 1992 regulates safety of imported food for human consumption but does not regulate food used for animal consumption.

Manufactured or Processed Pet Food Safety

There is no legislation concerning manufactured pet food in any of the states or territories.

Cache linked because it opens in .doc form otherwise

here agriculture.gov.au

eta Toxic mouldy grain is linked to Aflatoxin ingestion

Edited by Powerlegs