Pet Insurance For Rare Breed

DeltaCharlie

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck getting a rare breed recognised for pet insurance in Australia? 7 of ours are insured with Petplan and I have been trying for months to get Hype insured too. I have just heard back from them that only breeds on their list can be insured. Given that they have every oodle-doodle breed imaginable on their list I find this quite bizarre!

We are looking at other pet insurers as I know they have a different underwriting company and Bow Wow Meow have already said they are willing to discuss it with me but ultimately Petplan offers the policy we want.

If others have been able to get their breeds on the list I will continue trying to speak to someone who doesn't need to "consult with my underwriting supervisor". I suspect I am simply being fobbed off by some of them. But if nobody else has been able to either then I will give up and go with somebody else. I'm thinking of insuring him elsewhere for 12 months to buy me some time. If nothing bad happens in that time and Petplan come to the party I will switch him next year, if something does go wrong then at least he is covered by someone.