Clipper Blades, Combs Help Please

Cavoodled

I'm a bit stuck on what to buy, any advice would be appreciated.

I've brought a cavoodle puppy who looks like she'll end up with a wavy to curly coat, but not as tightly curled as a pure poodle. I plan to buy wahl km2 clippers that come with a 10 blade and I want to buy just one other blade to start off with or the metal combs. If I can get away with one blade all year round that would be great, a few have suggested a 3 or 4f. I don't want a short shaved look, but I want her comfortable in summer. Also best scissors to use? I want to keep some length to her legs and face. Are curved scissors best for legs and face or? If you can suggest one blade for summer and another for the rest of the year, if I can't get away with one length right throughout the year. I want to go for the teddy bear look, but not quite as long on the body as I've seen as it really doesn't look cool enough in the heat of summer even though she'll be inside on tiles a lot. Maybe I could get away with clipping her legs with a longer blade and her body slightly shorter instead of scissor her legs or is that not that difficult to do? The metal combs sound good, but I'm not sure how durable they are, if they're easy to maintain etc

Edited by Cavoodled

Im new to grooming so i used an attachment comb over the clippers and it was pretty easy!

I got the wahl stainless steel attachment combs set of 8 - it has so many lengths to choose from! (i was going to buy 2-3 individual combs but it ended up being the same price to just get the whole set with shipping) its recommended to use them over a number 30 blade (mine hasn't arrived yet so i did it with a number 10 blade that came with the clippers and it still came out pretty good) :)

I like her fluffy so I used the longest comb and it was a lot longer than I expected, so next time i'll probably try a couple of sizes down - I used a shorter comb underneath her body. I think that set has everything for a winter or summer cut/any other in between cut you do!

Im very happy with my wahl italian series scissors, i have the 7inch straight scissor and the 6.5inch thinning scissors

ETA: I just got mine so i am not sure on the maintenance/durability of these but i have heard great things, apparently with the blade as long as you oil it regularly (my clippers came with oil) they should last for years - youre not meant to wash them in water though

I dont know how to look after the blade combs but so far i have cleaned the hair off them with a soft toothbrush and wiped them with a cloth...but i dont know if they need anything else

Edited by mowgliandme