"only Dog Syndrome"

One of these days us Collie people should congregate at an off lead area. I will be at KCC Park on the 29th May but are people allowed to use the off lead area if theres a show on that day?

We will and yes you can use it, but obviously there are many dogs wanting to on a show day, some more freindly than others. Obviously if herding or lure coursing are on then you cannot use it, it is their area after all, everyone just likes to call it the off-lead area.

Guest Tess32

I wanted to go on Saturday but it looks busy as there is earthdog stuff on etc.

I don't know if anyone would be using the enclosed area on show days though.

Nat

Guest Tess32

Actually going by the schedules, there won't be any free weekends for quite a while :(

Nat

Actually going by the schedules, there won't be any free weekends for quite a while

Im going to see how busy the offlead at Mt Eliza is on weekends. On weekday mornings it is empty. It is fenced. Otherwise i will only be going to the beach on weekends for a while.

Guest Tess32

I tried to find that on the melways but it totally confused me so I'll probably go check it out physically if I can work it out.

You don't happen to know what it is called do you? I think I might be looking at the wrong thing.

Nat

Head south on Moorooduc highway, turn right into Two bays road, then an almost immediate left leads to the carpark for the railway (not sure what weekends that operates on). As you go to the car park you pass the sign for entry to the offleash dog park.

If you use www.street-directory.com.au the map reference is 106 A8

I just haven't found that million dollar food yet

Hi Corine

Have you tried Kranski or some sort of mild salami type product? Not the healthiest of treats tho. You could also try pairing the favourite game with a bit of food, ie give some food and play his game. If you can do this and do it often enough, the dog starts to percieve the food as rewarding as the game. You would have to establish this before you start using the food as the reward for training or go into class again.

hth

cheers

M-J

Hi Dogdayz,

As for you getting another dog, the only danger i see, is that you may find you put Duncan aside as too hard, and give your time to the pup. Thats not an insult i found myself doing the same at one point with my dogs.

I guess that's been a concern of mine, Duncan is too nice to give up on (and I wasn't planning too). He's fine at home and in the park (except for recall :( ), this sitting still at class drives him nuts (he's been doing it for months at home and not by his own choice). You met him not long after his op, we were coming back from physio when I dropped by KCC to buff up Prince Bailey. You saw how happy he was to be around Bailey, that's what it is like in class.

Cheers,

Corine

PS: Thanks to everyone who has replied and pm-ed me, your support is wonderful.

Edited because quote thingy was back to front

Edited by fido666