Chicken Necks

okay i'm a bit confused, you can feed dogs chicken bones??????

Big fat YES! They love chicken bones.

I always thought that the chicken bone was so fine that they could choke.

Big fat NO. Consider the wolf (or even feral dog)...don't you think they would eat a lot of small mammels and birds with tiny little bones almost daily (possums, rats, etc)???

The only bones that are a problem for dogs are cooked bones of any type. Some very large bones (like cow leg bones, sold as marrow bones) can split dogs teeth if the bite down too hard, best to supervise and only leave these bones with a dog for long enough to get the marrow.

All bone eating should be supervised to make sure your dog chews instead of just swallows but otherwise bones are a natural and great part of a diet.

ahh so its the cooked thing i must of heard then.

yes princess is always supervised now that she's become a little guts. remember the pigs ear incident where it got caught, well know she's gone even better the little terror, she just loves them so much that she tries to swallow the whole thing now and she chokes herself, brings it back up and chews it again.

i'm seriously considering not giving them to her anymore, but she just loves them so much.

i'll try this chicken bones smashed thing and give that a go, and hopefully we'll be able to supplement her pigs ears for chickens.