Cruciate Ligament Ruptures

:D Hehehhehe, that is rather funny... hopefully the uniforms come in bigger sizes to accomodate my chubby girl!! I thought the part about Mallee and the blowing curtain was certainly the highlight... I got a real good laugh out of that (hey you've gotta laugh!!)

Yes I can imagine the lazy buggers now... 'yeah we'll get him tomorrow' as they snuggle into their beds...

Chloe almost caught one yesterday. She saw a blue cattle dog walking in 'her' park (criminal offence) from our front yard yesterday and boy, did she give him an earful (which didn't scare him in the slightest). But I had to drag her inside kicking and screaming like a banshee.

Made her dinner yesterday and she was so hungry she took off to her 'feeding place' screeched round the bend in the laundry and back legs went sprawling. I nearly died. But she picked herself up and kept right on going full pelt... :thumbsup: I don't know what's more damaged out of her legs or her brain!!!

Thanks for the laugh guys, it cracked me up... I literally laughed out loud to the disgust of fellow workers... who all eyed me suspiciously!!!

Hey Berly, good to hear the Jordan is getting about again now. Yes I think the weather does play a part, but also probably now he's using it more it will be a bit more tender until he builds his muscle up. Hopefully he'll take it slowly and not try to do too much too soon. I think I know a pretty girl GSD who'd think your boy was terribly handsome!!!

Anyway, better be off... I try to do some work Berly, but the lure of DOL is just too great!!!

Have a great weekend all!!!

lotsa love,

Kel and the 'terrifying' Chloe

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Corine !

Well that's really blown Duncan's undercover role.... obviously I couldn't put his details on a website ... & he was working so hard at his disguises !

post-3489-1158340977.jpg <---spot Duncan

post-3489-1158341066_thumb.jpg <--- pretending to be tourist type collie

post-3489-1158341197_thumb.jpg <--- ready for North Pole missions

post-3489-1158341428_thumb.jpg <---- blending into open country

post-3489-1158341913.jpeg <---- blending into suburbia

So I've had to reassign him to Airborne Communications

post-3489-1158341658_thumb.jpg

relaying Jordan's instructions to the ground team

post-3489-1158341703_thumb.jpg

post-3489-1158342036.jpg

So please tell him not to pout :rofl:

post-3489-1158341315_thumb.jpg

post-3489-1158341599_thumb.jpg

Edited by bilby

Hilarious - where do you get your pictures/images from?

Speaking of which, here are some photos of Jordan after his bath today as he was getting a bit stinky. He is playing with his latest toy, a squeaky steak (i.e. he is trying to eat it)...enjoy!

post-11617-1158382873_thumb.jpg

Jordan is very gorgeous, berly post-3489-1158469313.gif .. if only Gem was a few years younger !

Glad to hear he's doing so well & that the scent games were of some use. I keep thinking of how much harder the rehab confinement must be for people with smart & active dogs. NOT that I mean to put Sleepy Sook down too much, but ...

Bouf is doing really well - completely sound again, & I'm so looking forward to starting our rehab walks this week. It's got a lot warmer here the last couple of days & I notice the difference.

Temperature had a big impact on his comfort too (which is why he is the only one to be allowed to run his heater during the night, no matter what the human males say. They can just get more blankets.)

Oh, those scarey slips & slides, Kelly ! I don't think I'll ever be able to see a dog take a corner fast again without freaking ! Gem is so much active since Bouf's op ( an unexpected bonus) because she has to play with Axle all day now that his main toy is locked away, & she actually seems to enjoy it now. She skidded on our wooden floors the other day .. & I was just "Eek" "Eek" "Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek". But she seems fine.

As for the work question, berly .. I only post at home & since my car has been garage bound, I've been unable to get to work so have had a lot of time to play on the PC. There are a zillion other things I SHOULD be doing rather than Googling images (I did try really hard to find merle images for Duncan, fido.. alas ) .. but my PC is in Bouf's confinement room .. so I justify it as "keeping Bouf company". :rofl:

He also seems to have an ear problem. Not constant , but every now & again he goes through a bout of shaking his head violently. I wish I'd asked Murdoch to check whilst he was under GA last week .. but of course he only started it again the next day. I'll have take him back once my car's fixed.

Hi Bilby,

Oh No, did I blow Duncan's cover :rofl: . Thanks for the images, they are very clever. Duncan came to a dog show with us yesterday, I think more people were staring at him then my show bitch. He can look very handsome and regal when he wants to :rofl: .

Jordan is a handsome fellow too Berly :rofl: .

Sorry must dash, I think Timmy has fallen down a well again as Duncs is barking his head off :rofl: .

Cheers,

Corine

Edited by fido666

Yes Bilby... 'keeping Bouf company'... we believe you :o Must be sooooo hard when you can't get to work... I would try that excuse but seeing I live 5 minutes away, I don't think they'd fall for it!!! :rofl: Good to hear El Boufo is doing well, and yaay for him starting his rehab walks!!! Attaboy!!! Chloe is also having episodes of shaking itchy ears, maybe it's just that time of year? Yes the slips, that will be never ending worry. And she jumps up and throws her legs everywhere, slides around... just can't stop her. She's being extra naughty today, sometimes I could swear she is a miniature human in a furry coat... driving me to insanity with her moods and tantys today, not to mention just a bit too much silliness and selective hearing... The arrogant looks I get when I'm calling her to come inside and she just looks at me and then turns her head 'pfft'... :rofl: It's one of those days!!! Didn't have any problems hearing me call for her dinner though :rofl:

Hi Corine!! Hey I'll bet Dunc stole the show... he is a bit of a stunner, and from what we hear, has the personality to match... Mel must roll her eyes and think to herself 'here we go again' when she's 'supposed' to be the centre of attention and Dunc has the ladies drooling over him!!! :rofl: And of course being a Bionic dog only makes him more appealing to us!!! How did Mel go?

Well she may have been naughty, but second is a great result!!! Congrats to Mel (and the many people who slave over her and take extra special care of her!!). ;)

I should have explaned better, there were only 2 in her class ;) She looked a treat but the judge just didn't like tricolours me thinks. Mr Duncan Dog strutted around like he owned the place, he had a great day out!

:D :):)

Cheers,

Corine

Hi all,

A quick update on Mallee - she is fine hanging out to have her stitches out which happens tomorrow night. Her toe is still looking pretty good, only does the occassional sticky up thing - which looks a tad strange when it happens.......but that is the last of her worries.

Will try and post some pics tomorrow of her modelling her nice litttle sock that she has to wear for her foot....its a total laugh.

Hope all is A OK with everyone else.

Hugs to all the hounds

Antoinette

BTW - congrats Corine on a 2nd place :o

Edited by malleerr

Stitches out tonight for Mallee!!! Good luck with that, hope it all goes well!!!

Yes you MUST post some pics with her sockette on, it will give me a laugh :) So will her toe be normal now, or will it be sticky uppy sometimes?

Let us know how you go Antoinette!!

Not happy at the moment... Chloe (in true heeler nature but very much against her usual nature) nipped an old man on the ankle yesterday. No blood or broken skin or anything, but he wasn't happy. Hope nothing comes out of it. She never usually does that. She was on lead in a house, and the man was patting her and she was fine. It was when he went to leave and walked past her she went into 'round up' mode. She has been so naughty lately. That's the problem with all she's been through, she can be a bit unpredictable and moody sometimes... :laugh: I'm sure she thought it was a real hoot though...

Hugs to you all,

Kel and the very naughty Chloe

Hi Kel,

Duncan was rather "uppity" too after the surgery and once we got the "all clear". I think they go a bit stir crazy and release all their pent up energy in bursts. We still have issues with dog aggression but he was fine at the show on Sat because he was on lead the whole time. Duncan is an angel compared to the dog on "It's me or the dog" last Sunday, that was one scary pooch :cry: .

Regards,

Corine

Thanks Corine, glad we are not the only ones... Guess who spent all night last night trying to retrain her and teach her not to nip or snap... She seems to be responding well. I think she's also been a bit spoilt since her ops, so I am trying to re-train her over again. But she seems to be starting to get the drift that she can't get away with murder anymore. I don't like her at other people's houses anyway, or around too many strange people as she gets nervous... but it's better if I try and get her out of the habit and to respect the 'rules' again.

Anyways, hopefully she will be okay. I guess I kinda understand after all she's been through. And there may be some pain or something that makes her moody, who knows? Usually she is such a good girl though... and it makes me worry. She's always had an independent streak, which is what I lurve about her... but never been so naughty. Oh well, something for us to work on!!!

So Antoinette, how's Mallee after her stitches came out?

Love,

Kel and ChloBo

Hey Guys,

Naughty Naughty Chloe, did you know the guy that she nipped Kel? I hope that he does not make an issue out of it, if no skin was broken and it was just a nip you would think that he would understand, but i suppose the stupid BSL crap does not help anyone out in these circumstances anymore.......... Its just so typical of the heeler types isn't to go for a quick nip every now and again, and i believe that most of the time there is nothing at all in it in the way of aggression, i think it goes to the old saying you can take the cattle dog out of the country but you can't take the country out of the dog. She probably was just having a loving time with this guy and didn't want him to leave.

Mallee too has been a tad naughty of late, besides trying to fly through a window in a single bound. I tend to agree with both you and Corine that it is a result of all the ops, people prodding and poking them for soo long, mixed with confinement and a lack of socalisation for awhile, all things that we have no control over in the circumstance, but i suppose add to a dog becoming a tad depressed, bored and eventually naughty and pushing the boundaries.

Mallee actually had a go at another dog at the vets last night, it was the first time we have ever seen her show any signs of dog aggression, and really want to nip it in the butt as quickly as possible. I think she get a fright, as the dog just popped up from behind the counter with a bucket of his head and his head all bandaged up, bit that is not the point. I suppose she was also worked up over having her foot pulled and poked while the stitches came out. The vet is really happy with her toe, no need to worry about it. It only sticks up occassionally ususally when she is chewing on something and using her foot to grip, but as the vet said a sticky up toe is the last of her worries and troubles. So off for walkies tonight, which she willl just love. Its been a long time in between walks, as she was on heat before she went through the window so its been nearly 2 months, poor little dear.

I will try to remember to bring my camera into work after lunch to put those pics up they are a hoot.

Take care all

Catch yas later

Antoinette and Mallee Moozle Bum.......

Edited by malleerr