Cruciate Ligament Ruptures

WOO HOO CHLOE - Thats one BIG gold star...... :) The kids of today, i am not sure whats wrong with them. The boy that your georgous dad help (bless him) must have been scared half to death poor little bugger......I can just imagine the look of those little buggers faces when Chloe went into Protecto mode......hehehehe........Super Chlo, maybe we shoud get her one of those superdog suits....... Nothing stopping her...... aww i am proud.

Its funny Kelly how similar things keep happening to me and you. No kidding here but Mallee did basically the same thing for us on Melbourne Cup Day. Our neighbours were robbed all there electrical goods, and the robbers came in through our yard. Mallee was locked inside the house thank god, but you could tell that they had tried to get into our back door as the lock had been fiddled with and things moved from near there, Mallee must have been going off her head, as the people behind us heard her carrying on and there was heaps of her hair right near the door (she looses her hair when anxious)..... We were not home so can't confirm what actually happened, but the robbers must have know we had a dog as we found a heap of dry food down the side of the house where they had jumped over to get to next door. Mind you if it was a face to face incounter i doubt that Mallee would have been so brave, i think she would have ran and went straight under the bed....lol......

Its just amazes me the things our bloody wonder dogs can do now.....Who would have thought Kel a year ago that we would be hear talking about the wonderful and active things our hounds are doing.... It blows me away when i sit back and really think of all we have been through all the worries, uncertainties etc etc. It is one year exactly tomorrow that Mallee had her first operation of her hips (the one that failed her) i can't believe that it has already been a year. Wow time flies.......

Well my dear i must leave and do some work, i still can't believe how brave Chloe was - big hugs from me to SuperChloe...... and i think a special treat would be in order also.

P.S. - have not forgotten about the holidays snaps just can't find my stupid camera cord for the puter.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes Chloe thought Aunty Antoinette would be very proud of her!!! All in a days work really!!! She was snuggled in bed belly up this morning, thinking she's the antz pantz.

You're absolutely right, it's amazing what they've been through, and what we thought was the end of the world.... has all become so positive in so many ways!!! They truly are amazing things aren't they?

I think both our girls deserve bravery awards... I mean, to scare off potential robbers to your house!!! That's HUGE!!! Doesn't matter what she'd do face to face... and remember, they have surprised us many a time before, so you just never know!!! However, I'm quite positive that Chloe would defend to the death (unless of course they left the door slightly ajar... she would run and hide, but hey in extreme circumstances she might overcome that fear!!)... although touch wood it would never come to that!!!

Our girls are just absolutely marvellous aren't they? It is weird how coincidental our lives are.... but I guess it's sort of like that saying 'great minds think alike!!!" hahahahhaha

Hooray for the NEWEST SUPERHEROES.... Mallee Moo and Chlo-Bo!!!

Watch out world.... where there is a crime, the new Super Duo won't be far away!!!

Edited by Kelly_Louise

• 2 weeks later...

Wow ... Mallee & Chloe are both such such brave trooper dogs :mad

Antointte, I can just imagine how glorious it was to see Mallee being so doggy & running around ... but I don't think you call yourselves stupid for being so protective before. It maybe WAS required at that stage .. we can all only make little steps one stage at a time .. & :D is that girl accident-prone or what ???

post-3489-1163818627_thumb.jpg Bouf says she can come outback with him if she wants post-3489-1163818553_thumb.jpg :mad

As for Chloe .. what a star ! Go li'l girl, go ! You must be so proud, Kelly

Now he's standing at a weird angle in this photo .. but just had to show off Bouf's new haunch muscles :mad

post-3489-1163818401_thumb.jpg

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to you all

Hehehehehe, what a boootiful boy that Bouf is. The image of him in a cowboy costume is a little disturbing though.... Those mus-kles are really building up now, he looks fantastic. I think you can always tell when these guys are healing... they just really come into their own and become comfortable again. And he does look that indeed. Well done bilby, you've done a great job in getting him back to health (with so many adversities along the way!!).

Well, you guys ready for MY big news? It's been a rocky year for me, with many triumphs along the way with Chloe returning to health etc. So to top of my big year, my lovely man proposed to me on Saturday night!!! Finally after 8 years together, I am a fiancee, not just the girlfriend!!! I'm really excited, and he gave me an absolutely gorgeous ring. I will post pics when I can download them!!!

So I am one very happy girl....

Thanks for the update Bilby, I just love it when another of our mob come up trumps!!! :laugh:

Love to all,

Kel and Chloe

PS. Chloe is doing very well. Weight is dropping off her, she is looking svelte. We even had a game of (mild) running, jumping and chasing... :eek:

:cheer: :p ;) :rofl::rofl::thumbsup: :D :):(:laugh::rofl::eek: ;) :rofl::eek: :D :cheer:

WOOHOO Kelly - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

That is just the best news - so fantastic and soooo happy for you!!!

So whats your secret (or can't you say......) how did you manage to get him to do that, Brock and have been together since 1994 and theres no bloddy ring on my finger........ :laugh:

Will be awaiting pics........

Slightly ;) i have not forgotten about Moo's holidays snaps i just still can't find the USB Cord....still looking though

Oh sure!!! Man we do have such similar lives!!! Thanks mate... I too thought it would never happen!!! However, the biggest tip I can give is to make them feel guilty with subtle hints without actually coming out and saying what you want from them!!! Hehhehehe, and also keep something from them that they want (in my case moving out - he wanted to but OF COURSE I couldn't until I was sure he was really committed)!!! Nah seriously, it is a wonderful time and I feel really great. I am a bit old fashioned and Michael knew that, so I guess he thought if we were to ever move on with our lives he had to do his part!!! We have had rough times over the last 8 years, and sometimes you think you know someone else so well. He really did surprise me with the thought and effort he went to, and it was really great.

The only thing is... if I move out, Chloe has to stay with Mum and Dad... which would kill me but I know that she is happiest with them and I will always be visiting. But that won't happen for a while now anyway...

Okay... Here is the pic...

post-8152-1163979713_thumb.jpg

post-8152-1163979734_thumb.jpg

Thanks again Antoinette.... it was a long time coming, but worth it. Btw, the heart shaped diamond was my idea.... he wanted a round one at first cause he thought they would be bigger, but once he saw my designs he agreed that the heart was better, we all know women are always right anyway.... and you know the saying... happy wife, happy life!!! Hehehehehe!!!

Lucky he has a jeweller friend though, otherwise I would not have been so lucky!!!

:thumbsup:

Chloe is happy, but she is not best friends with Michael (I think cause he is a bit of a stranger at our house cause he doesn't spend much time there), but she is happy I am happy!!! Sometimes she is good with him, sometimes just way too possessive!!!

Awwwwwwwwwwwww .. you girls are so mushy :hug:

Congratulations Kel .. I can see it means so much to you & I'm happy you're so happy. :hug:

Richard & I have been married for 24 years .. & I still don't have a ring :) .. but we only got married because my temporary visa was running out in 2 weeks.

I'd intended to just negotiate my way to permanent residency through the usual Immigration Department channels .. but hadn't reckoned on the exhaustion I'd have after giving birth to Luke who was a 24/7 screaming baby for the 1st few weeks. Got married .. end of problem.

Still .. it seems to have lasted ..

post-3489-1164058676_thumb.jpg

Edited by bilby

CONGRATULATIONS KELLY!!!!!

You must be so excited! It's been a great year from you huh? Chloe is doing ace and became a hero, and now you are engaged!

Although i must say its a pity that Chloe wont be able to come with you when you move out :hug:

My bf wants us to move out together but as Jordan has to come with me... it makes for quite the challenge, but he is quite understanding and assures me that if there is a will there is a way.

ANYWAYS back to you, congratulations again!! and great news that Chloe is doing so well. Jordan is losing hair as if it were going out of fashion, noone elses dog is shedding so badly.... i dont know what to do!!

Kim

Thanks Kim and Bilby, I really appreciate it!!!

Wow 24 years Bilby, that's pretty big... It's funny how people who think they will be together forever sometimes don't work out, and yet some who are thrown together under different circumstances can last the distance... I guess it's all down to luck and how hard you work at it??? Who knows the real secret, but I hope I discover it along the way!!!

Yes Kim, leaving Chloe will be hard (even though it's not going to happen straight away), however I will always be around to visit.... I certainly wouldn't just leave her. She just loves being with my mum and dad, and seeing that someone is always home there and usually she is following a step behind them 24/7, it's best for her. Too hard to take her out of her loved environment now.... She will always be my heart dog, no matter what... and I won't be going too far away cause i work very close to home.

Chloe is shedding very badly too - although we are almost finally done I think, it just keeps coming no matter how many handfuls come out. So I feel your grief!!! My FIANCE's (YAAY!!) german shepherd is also shedding and looks like a garbage tip dog.... it's coming out in great chunks. Although she was a big weird cause her winter coat did not come on till half way through winter...

Thanks again guys, yes it's been a great year and I feel really good that finally things have gone right (after a run of pretty bad years)!!!

Great to hear you guys are all well and happy too!!!

Lots of love,

Kel and Chlo-Bo

Fishing in the boat

post-7819-1164248937_thumb.jpg

Brock (wild bush man of borneo....opss i didn't say that) and Mallee

post-7819-1164249001_thumb.jpg

post-7819-1164249169_thumb.jpg

Home for the next 10 days - Mal loved the tent (this was the day she got stung by the bee - looking a tad sad)

post-7819-1164249101_thumb.jpg

Edited by malleerr

Our view from camp

post-7819-1164249438_thumb.jpg

i wont bore you with anymore except.....when we got home we were cleaning up the yard and Brock pulled out Mallee's old cage, i thought she would hate to see it, but she was sooo excited and went and sat in it for the rest of the day

post-7819-1164249531_thumb.jpg

and this one cos i love it - one of her walks in the local park

post-7819-1164249563_thumb.jpg

Hope all is well with everyone!!

Bilby Bouf looks just fantastic - its soo exciting when they start redeveloping their muscles, Mallee now has more muscles in the hind legs then ever before....Bouf is such a stunner!!!!

Well Mallee is booked in for her final operation *hopefully* next Wednesday to have her desexed. I wont lie and say i am not a tad nervous about it - this will be anesthetic (can never spl that word) number 15 if my memory serves me correct........No wonder we call her a dope - thats 15 less brain cells..........

eta - heres how much of a disaster area she is - stung by wasps on the head on Tuesday - swollen face/glands, hives and bumps all over her right side and three egg size lumps on her head - when is it going to end with her!!!!! I think i may own the most health troubled problematic hound around!!!!!

Edited by malleerr

Great pics Antoinette, thanks so much for sharing them!!! It looks absolutely divine there, and Mallee looked in her element!! A real outback bush doggy!!!

She looks really good, after all her dramas. Very well indeed. Don't worry too much about her desexing.... after all she's been through much worse and she will breeze through this!!! You're right though, she is quite a bit accident prone.... yikes the wasp stings sound VERY nasty, poor little mite. She reacted very badly didn't she? If there was ever a dog that needed to be literally wrapped in cotton wool.... IT'S MALLEE MOO!!! She is so like one of those bumbling doggies that constantly make you giggle.... and worry for her safety!!! She is SO not a dope, she's just taking a bit longer to grow up and mature cause of her slow start in life!!! :laugh: Well it sounded like a good excuse anyway!!! Hehehhee, but her condition is really good, love those lovely long and strong legs!!!

So the op is tomorrow right? I haven't been on this site for a while due to being very busy at work, but I think that's right? Anyhow, I will be thinking of her (and you!) and sending all the best healing vibes her way!!! But this is just a minor hiccup compared to the gross things she's undergone in puppyhood!!!

Let us know how precious girl goes tomorrow and how she pulls through... fingers crossed she doesn't get into any trouble for a bit until she's healed up!!!

Lotsa love,

Kel and Chlo-Bo (who sympathises with Mallee)

Hey Kel,

Thanks for checking - i get to pick her up at 4.30 today - i have been hanging out with batted breath i can tell you.

I totally freaked at the vets this morning when i had to sign the permission slip - i had to tick whether i wanted her resusitated or not should it be needed :thumbsup: did not have to sign anything like that with all the other ops, i didn't know what to do.....anyways ticked yes and thank god i have had the phone call to say that its all over with!!! NO MORE OPS FOR MALLEE YIPEEEE..................provided that is that she stays out of trouble.

The vet could not believe how well Mallee knew the routine, as soon as she brought out the stetherscope (spl - ive spelt that shockingly) Mallee laid down and let her listen to her heart and then rolled over so she could do the next side wihtout being asked......awwww :(

I will update you tomorrow so you know how shes going.

Bigs hugs to Chlo Boo for me and to you to :thumbsup:

Antoinette and Mallee Moo minus a few bits......

Thank goodness, the hard part is over... and the recovery should be fairly minimal (nothing like before!!).

I'm so glad that she's come through okay (and that the permission to resuscitate wasn't necessary)...

Yeah i'm sure she does know the drill by now poor bugger... the worst thing is she is probably thinking to herself "not again".... she will be in for a lovely surprise when it's not the cage for months on end this time!!!

Best of luck with her tonight, and definately let us know how she's doing...

:(:thumbsup: LAST OP MALLEE... WHAT A BRAVE GIRL, SHE'S FINALLY MADE IT!!!!

Just a quick note to say Hi and a huge congrats to Kelly Louise on her impending betrothal :rofl::laugh::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: .

Glad to hear everyone is OK too. I saw MalleeRR's pics on another thread and replied there but h;ad you had a great time.

Now for my big scare.......

I had Steve from K9Force here for a behaviour consult and put Duncan out the back for a while. After I said bye to Steve I heard some clanging coming from the back yard and just thought someone was mucking about with their Weber lid. Imagine my horror when I looked out the back to find Duncan on top of the hooded BBQ (the type with the big roasting hood) :eek: . He had jumped up there to try and reach the invading birdies :D . I swear the stupid dog thinks he is a cat sometimes :rofl: . I was freaking out that he'd fall or jump down and hurt himself all over again :rofl:; luckily he took the safest way down so PHEW!!!

Cheers,

Corine