Jessie R.i.p.

walkthedog

It is very sad that we only have our dogs for such a short time.

Jessie, 11 y.o. (well, maybe) German Shepherd, was my first foster, and she was amazing. So beautiful, so smart, and loving and wise.

She was the poster child for older dogs.

She had her photo on the Save a Dog website, a beautiful face with a grey muzzle and I fell in love. When she had no takers, she came here and could have stayed forever unless the perfect person came along for her.

She was here for a couple of months then met Rita, a lady of about the same age ;) It was love at first sight there as well! Rita asked me later, how I was so comfortable about letting her have Jessie and I had to think about it.

Was it her soft and gentle manner? Her love of her late old GSD, as we sat and looked at his photos? Well yes, but it was Jessie herself who accepted Rita immediately (and she was careful with people). Rita sat down and immediately got a kiss on the nose, a wag of the tail and a little happy dance.

Jess went to live in a life of luxury on 3/4 an acre of garden, a bed inside and a bed outside, a morning garden and an afternoon...... well, you get the idea.

Jess died of old age, her liver and kidneys were going, and she was put to sleep with Rita holding her, and in the care of Tim, the SADS vet, who, Rita has said, was marvellous and kind with them both.

jessie ive heard some lovely stories about you you had the very best and were loved by all... fly free jessie forever in your familys hearts

It is very sad that we only have our dogs for such a short time.

Jessie, 11 y.o. (well, maybe) German Shepherd, was my first foster, and she was amazing. So beautiful, so smart, and loving and wise.

She was the poster child for older dogs.

She had her photo on the Save a Dog website, a beautiful face with a grey muzzle and I fell in love. When she had no takers, she came here and could have stayed forever unless the perfect person came along for her.

She was here for a couple of months then met Rita, a lady of about the same age ;) It was love at first sight there as well! Rita asked me later, how I was so comfortable about letting her have Jessie and I had to think about it.

Was it her soft and gentle manner? Her love of her late old GSD, as we sat and looked at his photos? Well yes, but it was Jessie herself who accepted Rita immediately (and she was careful with people). Rita sat down and immediately got a kiss on the nose, a wag of the tail and a little happy dance.

Jess went to live in a life of luxury on 3/4 an acre of garden, a bed inside and a bed outside, a morning garden and an afternoon...... well, you get the idea.

Jess died of old age, her liver and kidneys were going, and she was put to sleep with Rita holding her, and in the care of Tim, the SADS vet, who, Rita has said, was marvellous and kind with them both.