Deleted

I'd heard that plastics, particularly when warm, can leach chemicals into the water, and I think bacteria are better able to grow but I'm not sure about that one. They warn about re-using spring water bottles for that reason- and say not to drink it if it has been lying around in the heat -even if you chill it :rolleyes:

Just curious?

How are they "far safer''?.....& from what?....

They warn about re-using spring water bottles for that reason- and say not to drink it if it has been lying around in the heat -even if you chill it

Spring water is delivered on trucks with open racks.....

I don't thing the plastic itself presents any problems......other than the dogs chewing it up as jaybee suggests.

Dougie the plastic spring water bottles are only intended for single use. If they are washed, reused repeatedly the plastic will start to leach chemicals. It is disposible single-use plastic. They (the manufacturers) recommend that plastic bottles of a higher grade are used for repeated use (ie those that are sold for that purpose).

Dougie the plastic spring water bottles are only intended for single use. If they are washed, reused repeatedly the plastic will start to leach chemicals. It is disposible single-use plastic. They (the manufacturers) recommend that plastic bottles of a higher grade are used for repeated use (ie those that are sold for that purpose).

Right......... I was talking about the BIG bottles than fit the dispensers.

Wouldn't the bottles be required to carry a prominent warning about reuse if leaching was an issue.....like ciggy pkts?

Anyhow, I think not changing the dogs water often enough would pose more health probs than the water being in plastic buckets.

Altho dogs don't seems to give a ratz how, where or what water they drink.,........little buggers,

ahh the big dispenser bottles should be okay - but I think that all plastic does leach to some extent (hence the taste as Cactus said) so personally I would only use ceramic or stainless steel - and change the water daily and scrub every few days.

I use the terracotta bowls all around my place. They keep the water lovely and cool, and don't tip over. I still get the algae, but just give it a good scrub out each afternoon when I'm picking up the yards. It only takes a minute, and never really gets a chance to build up. I might try the apple cider vinegar in the water too.