Vegetarian Dogs

you've got my vote poodle wrangler, we have rotating jaws and flattened molars for cud chewing and not real canines - bite into a live cows butt and see how far ya get, also 36ft long intestines for digestion of of nuts and berries and tubers same as other herbivores.

This is a complicated debate and not for this forum and the original post was veggie diets for dogs which as vego's we do not support

We recently lost a foster that had been seen scavenging for several weeks until someone fed him and handed him into the pound. He died from complications from a bowel obstruction. He had several small corn cobs (and their packaging ala fast food outlet) removed. Corn cobs (even without packaging) apparently retain their size, cannot be digested, and can kill them by causing obstructions.

One of mine own as a pup used to pulled young corn off the plant and eat it, I am lucky.

yeppa, corn cobs are deadly to dogs and so are those awful hessian bed covers if ingested, well its the bowel obstruction that kills but those two items are notorious for causing bowel obstructions oh and so are socks LOL

im a vego, and some people argue that because i still feed my dogs meat, that i am not a vego at all .....

:rofl:

Hhmph! YOU are a vego if you don't eat meat. What rot to suggest you're not a vego because your dog eats meat.

We tend to 'humanise' our dogs enough (behaviourally speaking) as it is, let alone imposing human preferences which might compromise the dog's health.

Edited by Erny