Training In Drive Workshop At K9 Force Saturday 6 May

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jbbb - you must know a bit more about the fashion than me .... I didnt realise that blood covered pants are in :)

Have you forgotten that Im a highly practical kinda girl? I own a DOBERMANN, not a breed that requires extensive grooming :)

Can this thread get any more off topic? :rofl:

jbbb - you must know a bit more about the fashion than me .... I didnt realise that blood covered pants are in :)
Oh yes, the girl who is planning on wearing a doona with arms tomorrow is oh so fashionable! :)

:rofl: Can you imagine the reaction of PETA if people started wearing blood splattered pants? Oh, hang on, it's probably okay if it's human blood! :eek:

Can this thread get any more off topic? :cry:

Ummm... probably, but I dont think we really need to go any more off-topic, do you? :)

we really need to go more off-topic

sounds good to me :):):rofl:

When I think of teeth and white fluffy stuff I always remember those photos

3106.jpg

3107.jpg

so jbbb is this what you want me to look like after the dogs are finished with me? :eek::cry:

Talk about taking a quote out of context!!

Um... sorta, but we need some blood, ok? :):)

ps. I think we need Flames_Daddy to change the topic to read 'now WAY off topic'

Ill be paying attention!

Dont know about Helga tho :rofl: she has a mind of her own :)

I have no complaints about the the content of the thread at all! :eek:

I look forward to seeing everyone, be it man, woman, canine or "costume character" - note these may not be listed in order of preference :)

Now, now, Wont you all be dissapointed if Helga doesnt turn up? :)

Reddog - trust me on this one - you will learn about drives, noone said its drives in dogs :)

If Helga is in defence drive watch out :eek: She is a sophisiticated coldhearted bitch.... maybe I should leave her at home....

I think I'l wear protective clothing

You can borrow Steves :cry: or Ill lend you mine, after its covered in blood as per jbbbs request :rofl:

For those having lunch - you all owe me $159.95 each I got us lobster mornay, some oysters and couple of bottles of Dom Perignion.

Edited by myszka

Now, now, Wont you all be dissapointed if Helga doesnt turn up? :)

If Helga is in defence drive watch out :rofl: She is a sophisiticated coldhearted bitch.... maybe I should leave her at home....

As an alpha "Helga" seldom finds it necessary to go into defence drive. Just a snarl is all it takes...

:)

Very true F_D.

grrr might even be too much its often the given look that is sufficient :)

Thinking of it - I think Ill bring her along. But wait is Helmut going to be there????

One more note re lunch on a slightly more serious note (only slightly)

As I have just purchased the chickens, brought them to the office people started asking me what they are for. I said Im taking the chickens with me to Vietnam - as there is bird flu there :)

Edited by myszka

Just a quicky to say THANKS Steve for a great workshop today :mad

It was wonderful to see all the dogs make such great progress.

Just a thought.... but perhaps we could set up another one later in the year after all dogs involved today have built their drive further and take it to the next level with more commands done in drive and with more focus. Even adding in some distraction etc and then trouble shooting from there. Anyways just a thought, but it would be a good way to build on what we did today.

It was really nice meet all the other DOL people there too :mad

Yes it was great, as always!

Thanks to Steve for great info - well he never fails in that department... and thanks to atendees for great times. BTW Im in love with Ziggy, Gigi if you at any stage need someone to look after her when you go on holidays - she can stay at my place any time. I mean it. What a fantastic dog, wore me out completly :thumbsup:

Im taking the leftovers of the BBQ chicken with me tomoroow, and Im going to collect the GST on the way out of the country :thumbsup:

Also re questions - after the questions to Steve - "Are you married/" was asked I thought that the next one someone will ask will be "What are you doing tonight?" :rolleyes: :cool: :eek:

I had a great time guys, will miss the reading DOL.

Keep it up and have heaps here for me when I get back.

Helga :(

Edited by myszka

Yep, all good. I am stuffed.....and burnt, maybe I will listen to the "bring sunscreen" message one day!

Ciao

ps: sas......I am so pysched "Panic! at the disco" have airplay haha....!! I am still in shock!! Gotta be excited by something as my footy team gives me NOTHING!!

ETA: I just thought I would add that I think everyone did a brilliant job with their dogs. When the dogs were being worked, the theory stuff all made sense. Also, it was good to see how you actually do the movements etc. It was very motivating!

Edited by Latisha

Hi Everyone! I enjoyed seeing you all at the training. :)

I'd like to echo Chell's comments and thank Steve for an excellent training session. :thumbsup:

Chell, I really had fun giving Artan a big pat and scratch... I was amused when the big boy "sat" on me - this is something that quite a few Dobes do - and you can feel the extra chunkiness of those cute Rotties! I saw lots of other people give this charming dog attention, which was cool!

BTW Im in love with Ziggy, Gigi if you at any stage need someone to look after her when you go on holidays - she can stay at my place any time. I mean it. What a fantastic dog, wore me out completly :thumbsup:

Yeah, at the end of the day we had Ziggy the "Wunder-Hund" dangling from pull-toys and growling with glee as we tugged her (and she tugged us!) side-to-side with with frenzied vigour :mad . Thanks to Gigi for bringing her along. I'm sure Flame and Ziggy would enjoy a play-session with each other. Ziggy had Myszka's heart racing... that a lot of Dobe in a compact frame.

Also re questions - after the questions to Steve - "Are you married/" was asked I thought that the next one someone will ask will be "What are you doing tonight?" :cool: :eek::(
Indeed, an absolute CLASSIC moment! Ten out of Ten! :mad

Good luck in your tip to Poland Myszka - we'll miss you - please don't neglect to bring back some Polish tasty treats! This would be appreciated since many of us are psychologically impacted by the absense of the "Helga" outfit yesterday. :mad

:rolleyes:

Also re questions - after the questions to Steve - "Are you married/" was asked I thought that the next one someone will ask will be "What are you doing tonight?" :thumbsup: :rolleyes: :cool:

Indeed, an absolute CLASSIC moment! Ten out of Ten! :eek:

And I have got it on tape!!!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks Steve for a fantastic training session! I had already started working with Jefe on it... so far I have gotten dizzy and the dog has bitten me twice... but we do have a fast sitz! :(

BTW, see you at Rotty fun day today! Jefe will enter the "waggiest tail" and "waggiest bottom" competitions!