Puppy Potty

blknwht

Hi there,

My pup is now 6mths old. She been trained to use the indoor potty since she was a pup. She great when she wants to urinate, but when it comes to poooping she 'll go to the lounge room and poop there. I have caught her out several time and always say no in a sturn voice. But she seems to still want to go there. I've tried carpet cleaners to get rid of odour, anyone have suggestions what to use or do? I've ven tried to block off that area, but some how gets in and wants to be with us watching tv.

Maybe crate her when she is in the lounge room with you. That way she can be with you guys and will let you know when she needs to toilet.

Cleo was 6 months before she was fully toilet trained ie no slip ups indoors at all. Whilst she learned very quickly not to toilet in the bedrooms or any closed rooms, the rest of the house was fair go especially on any shaggy carpets. I would imagine that shaggy carpets would feel like grass to her. She only had free reign of the house for an hour or so after she has toileted. After that I would have to watch her like a hawk.

I wouldn't use vinegar to clean up...it smells very attractive to a dog and the dog is likely to return to the spot to toilet. Try something like "nature's miracle" from any good pet supplier.

And crate or otherwise confine the dog when you can't watch her closely enough to know when to take her outside. :whisper: